Gridning Problems

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just sounds like the pads are dragging like normal to me, you recently get new pads? Or are the old ones about dead?

Personally I'm not sure there's anything wrong with your car after seeing those vids.

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just sounds like the pads are dragging like normal to me, you recently get new pads? Or are the old ones about dead?

Personally I'm not sure there's anything wrong with your car after seeing those vids.

I think my brakes are bad now. Its causing a terrible vibration when im stopping from the highway or anywhere at that. It is also harder to stop now so I need to get new brakes.... *Sigh*

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my brakes are bad now. Its causing a terrible vibration when im stopping from the highway or anywhere at that. It is also harder to stop now so I need to get new brakes.... *Sigh*

this vibration felt in the steering wheel? if so warped rotors.

Now with the aftermarket rim on that has scratches.. do you hear a grinding noise while driving? when spinning the wheel while it's lifted off the ground? Is there anything on the vehicle in that vicinity that has shiny wear on it like the rim? Because what ever is making contact with that rim will have matching wear. also I see what seems to be a gravel driveway. do you commonly drive on that gravel. from what i am seeing so far, I think you may have had a stone lodged between the caliper and the rim.

and btw lol
[YT]-eSN8Cwit_s[/YT]

Last edited:

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this vibration felt in the steering wheel? if so warped rotors.

Now with the aftermarket rim on that has scratches.. do you hear a grinding noise while driving? when spinning the wheel while it's lifted off the ground? Is there anything on the vehicle in that vicinity that has shiny wear on it like the rim? Because what ever is making contact with that rim will have matching wear. also I see what seems to be a gravel driveway. do you commonly drive on that gravel. from what i am seeing so far, I think you may have had a stone lodged between the caliper and the rim.

Could be. I just need to replace the whole assembly down there on both sides. Some fucked up shit in there right now and my car was a rental car from Texas, stupid ass drivers down there(no offence to anyone on here:D)

Jmesl8er

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be. I just need to replace the whole assembly down there on both sides. Some fucked up shit in there right now and my car was a rental car from Texas, stupid ass drivers down there(no offence to anyone on here:D)

Not just Texas, when I get a rental I beat the shit out of it. That's what your supposed to do to rentals. But really, get a wheel on that side and lets get this shit figured out

Jmesl8er

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had catastrophic failure of one of the new bearings I put in a couple of weeks ago. This is why you always keep the reciept and get a warranty. I don't know which one yet. Waiting on my buddy to get home so I can get my puller back. I'm going to get video of how to check for bearing play, and really good pics of how to change one for you Taylor

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet thanks! yeah I need to do this next week. My brother is coming home from Delaware tomorrow for a week so he can help me. I'm also going to try and do CCFL's next week in my new halos. If I can get them ordered and delivered in time.

Anyways, i would really like a how-to and I know you did one already but there was no explanations for the pictures so it was kinda a half of a how-to. But yeah, I don't think I have play in my bearings but I prolly need to change everything down there anyways. Its all rusty and creaking really bad.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie