Headlight Condensation

Tasana

Reaction score
Bass_Waves sent another one, I got it today. He taped the box up real good. For some reason when I seen the harness I almost got emotional. I am going to install it later today. The water has returned to the inside of the headlight housing. So I had an idea. When I remove the headlight housing to replace the harness I am going to drill a tiny hole in the lowest most part of the underside to allow the water to exit and allow air to exit as well from the entry point, creating circulation. In theory this should allow the headlight housing to drain, and then dry out. By drilling in the lowest most part on the underside, there is no access for more water to enter.
I will keep you updated.
And a super thanks Bass_Waves. I will post and text later if the harness worked.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. That idea works. Or just seal it with lots of silicone or burlyl. But glad you got the 3rd harness ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Tasana

Reaction score
It is working perfect.
As to the condensation in the headlight, I drilled a small hole in the very bottom of the assembly. Smaller then a pencil. Within hours all the condensation was gone and thus far it has not returned.
Regardless of how the moisture is getting in, it is a one way street for water and air. I thought if it was allowed circulation then that should fix it. It seems to have resolved the condensation in the headlight casing.
And my deepest thanks for the third harness. The post office here has told me twice that they will search the carriers car, and thus far it has not been searched.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson