Staff member
Reaction score
What about this?

Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have these 2 little connectors on the left side of CYL1? (white clip on one, black on the other in this image)
IMG_8900.jpg

That code says you need to replace the intake cam actuator solenoid, which in the above image is the one under the white clip. GM part # 12628347 RockAuto has them for $25+shipping. They're cake to replace, disconnect harness from solenoid, remove 10mm bolt, twist and pull solenoid out. Make sure not to knock any dirt or anything into the hole, dirt chunks in oil is bad :lol:

Took me maybe 5 minutes to do since it's right there on top. You do have to do some twisting to loosen up the solenoid, have a rag handy because it's going to come out with a bit of oil.

I would change the oil and then evaluate before purchasing that solenoid, might not be needed if your oil is just low or old.

Last edited:

countrygirl197789

Reaction score
Would those thangs make it jerk? Its like it aint getting gas. Idk if youve ever ran out of gas but it jerks like that but only when im stopped.
Those sound easy to change

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You only need to change the one. I can't guarantee it'll fix the jerking, or that it'll even fix your P0010. But it's my best guess, and for $30 it's worth a shot. Otherwise take it to a mechanic where they'll charge you $90 just to poke around under the hood.

colson1230

Reaction score
it's possible that it will fix the jerking....the actuator gets sticky causing driveability issues! When you pull it out usually there will be one of the little screens missing which is why they recommend changing the oil when replacing one of these.....

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
it's possible that it will fix the jerking....the actuator gets sticky causing driveability issues! When you pull it out usually there will be one of the little screens missing which is why they recommend changing the oil when replacing one of these.....
Huh. Mine seemed perfectly fine, even tested good. Replaced it and my CEL went away.

colson1230

Reaction score
from most of the cars that i see come into my shop with that code it's due to the actuator being bad...sometimes they will test ok but when it's a intermitant (sp) it may test fine one day and bad another.....that code can also be set due to your oil being dirty, low or using the wrong kind of oil. most vvt engines require a certain weight of oil or it will cause issues. best to use what your oil cap says or owners manual.....i have seen a couple with a screen missing but not always......the best way to see a problem with them is to use a scope on them and look at the wave form it makes but very few people have a scope to use...i use one all the time to test sensors, injectors and all kinds of other electrical parts on engines. slightest variation in the wave form usually means the part has failed or is failing.....

---------- Post added at 05:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

in your case if the c.e.l went away after replacing if you also changed your oil it was prolly your oil causeing it....but just wondering how did you "test" it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup