Hi all, New Cobalt.

roosterk0031

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 09 ls xfe and have a slight stumble since I've bought it almost 100,000 miles ago, I eventually got MAF codes, cleaned, then swapped MAF with 2 other GM I own and still happens sometimes, seems to happen more with warm weather. At one point I removed a little black tape at the maf connector and ran good for weeks so I thought maybe broken wire there and still suspect that but haven't changed anything.

1/4 million

Reaction score
Just a word of caution. If you do clean the throttle body make sure you do not move the butterfly valve I finally decided to clean mine for the first time at 210,000 miles since our Suburban threw a CEL for that at 48,000. I really worked that T-body over cleaned it really well. I was trying to be nice but I guess that just pissed it off, it would idle really high and threw a CEL. I had to relearn the throttle body by letting out the clutch a tad every time I stopped to bring the RPMs down to just under 1k then it would stay there until I moved. It took about 2-3 weeks of doing that before it learned and would not throw CELs. I have never cleaned my MAF in 250,000 miles still get 34 mpgs 80% highway 20% Austin traffic.:emotions122:

I did notice a little miss under WOT conditions but I just figured that it was falling out of the power band or the rev limiter was kicking in. Since I replaced the down pipe with a ZZP cat free I have not noticed the miss.

damondlt

Reaction score
I think you can move the butterfly valve if you disconnect the battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso