Hi from victory_red_SS

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
My wife is an amazing wife and I personally think she is the best woman for me. :)

UPDATE​

Okay everyone, an update has been posted to my website and tomorrow I will post the news here as I need to get to bed now. :)
ill help ya out there ;)
The Project Shifts to High Gear
Submitted by VictoryRedSS on Thu, 07/30/2009 - 03:08. Project VictoryRedSS Fund Raiser newsletter
Well it is time to let you all know the good news about the project. This time I have some big news and some ambitious goals.

The car is on it's way home and it will arriver here on July 31st. On August 4th, it will be delivered to Resnick Automotive Specialties where the work will start happening.

Harvey Resnick will oversee the bulk of the remaining work to be done. I will be doing some of the work with the help of my friend Andrew as well as some other local volunteers from the forums.

While the main goal is still the same, 1,000RWHP, the route to get there has been changed. Some of the changes are to better incorporate my desire to have this car be a street/strip car. I am eagerly looking forward to next week and the task at hand.

So let me start off by saying that we have ordered all of the parts for the engine build. Building the engine fully from the get go has always been my desire as it never made sense to me to do this project half assed.

Some of the parts that we will be using are:

Mahle blower pistons
Callies stroker crankshaft
Dart cylinder heads
Oliver connecting rods
Bullet roller camshaft/rollers/rocker shafts
ARP studs
Mellings billet oil pump
Canton oil pan/oil pickup
JBA SS long tube headers
ATI front dampener
Procharger F trim Supercharger

Yes you read that last line correctly. I have chosen to not use the GT-45 turbo but instead to go supercharged. The reasons for going supercharged include less piping needed and less heat produced (as compared to turbo) as well as better streetability because as most of you know, I have always planned to drive this car on the street.

All of the above mentioned parts will start arriving over the next few weeks as almost all of them are in stock and ready to ship. At the same time I will begin to organize all of the parts that are no longer useable/suitable for this project and put them up for sale. As those parts sell the money from them will just go back into the project.

Another decision about the diretion for the project is to go back to the original plan of using a manual transmission. While a T-56 is already owned by me, issues with shifting above 7200 rpms lead me to put this transmission back together and sell it. Instead I will go with a TKO-600 instead. The thought of using a powerglide never really sat well with me as I just couldn't imagine a 2 speed tranny being fun to drive. I really like the idea of rowing through the gears and because I have no delusions about being a champion drag racer, giving up a bit to shifting is not a problem for me. Instead I look forward to the fun and challenge brought to driving/racing, with a manual transmission.

While we wait for the parts to arrive for the engine, the chassis & front clip will be re-worked to accomodate the LS2 engine. The rest of the car will be gone over and certain tweaks will be made to prepare the car for it's debut on the street.

As of right now, we are expecting that we will have this car running and tuned in the area of about 10 weeks. After that we will still need to do the interior and paint job unless timing allows me to work on those items concurrently with the work being performed at Resnicks.

There is an outside chance that this car will still see the race track this year and while I remain optimistic I realize all too well how plans get way-laid by circumstances. Having said that, I will be providing regular updates and pictures now that the project is to be only 15 minutes away from my home.

We have all waited a very long time to get to this point and it seems that everything is finally starting to fall into place, even the timing for the car to arrive at Resnicks as their shop is just wrapping several projects this week.

Stay tuned as more news will come as I get it.
personally im exited as HELL!!! and you know that ill come up and turn bolts or whatever needs to be done for you ;) just give a holler :D :hands:

victory_red_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ROD.... whats up man.

Glad to hear everything is going well!

Things are starting to look up, just about the same time you stop getting sleep for about 18 months :rofl::birgits_tiredcoffee

By the way, you are still the likely winner to the unveiling. :sparta:

Last edited:

M-Dub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, so I have seen.... :)

And yes I know... I'll be online more and more comming here in the next little bit!

bryson87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
red. how you doing man. i changed my name from fail.net i was bamaarmyman19. now im bryson87 glad to see u joined THE REVOLUTION

victory_red_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
red. how you doing man. i changed my name from fail.net i was bamaarmyman19. now im bryson87 glad to see u joined THE REVOLUTION

I am doing fine. How about yourself?

And yes I was drafted by this site, actually Tom paid me to join :rofl:

victory_red_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

Members online

No members online now.