HID Balast placement

Slýter

Reaction score
Hey I,m getting some HID's for my 08 Cobalt lt1. I was wondering if anyone knows where the best place to put the Ballasts at. Im thinking about getting the HID's From hidpalace.com. Anyone got any other places to check for prices as well? Thanks everyone

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I bolted mine to the underside of the headlamp mount, worked awesome.

themeanmarine83

Reaction score
CARHIDKITS.COM is where i got mine. they are $79 + shipping. i think it come out to be less than $100. very good kit. this is for the 6000k kit. they do have others, but they cost a bit more, $109 before shipping. i hope this helps

Slýter

Reaction score
Sweet thanks for the info guys. I think I am going to go with CARHIDKITS.COM. And I' thinking I am going to get the 6000k bulbs. And Yelloweye I didnt think of putting it under the headlight lamp. Thats great thanks guys for the help

themeanmarine83

Reaction score
no problem. the kit for our car also lets you keep your highs( sort of ) i believe there is an H3 bulb on the HID bulb. it isn't as bright, but it works and it is nice to through a little more light on those that like to flash us cause of our lights. :)

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ive always gone with DDMtuning never any issues and ass yelloeye says underneath the headlight bracket

COBARA

Reaction score
Hey I,m getting some HID's for my 08 Cobalt lt1. I was wondering if anyone knows where the best place to put the Ballasts at. Im thinking about getting the HID's From hidpalace.com. Anyone got any other places to check for prices as well? Thanks everyone

someone mounted their ballasts on the wiper fluid resevoir and the fuse box.
They get warm, but certainly shouldn't be getting super hot. Most ballasts are mounted with zip ties or double stick tape... if it doesn't melt those, it sure as hell shouldn't melt a wiper fluid resivoir or fuse box. If yours are getting hot enough to melt plastic, you've got a problem.

I have mine on my fuse box with no problems.. on the other side I have one on the fender and the other down a little lower... no problems at all..

BTW, i run VVME.com HID for 2 years already and helped my friends install their HIDs..... 9007 HID kit 43k, plug-and-play , $51 shipped ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso