How To Paint Calipers

Nate101

Reaction score
all they had at autozone is the spray caliper paint, my question is would i be able to just spray it in a cup and paint? im only painting the front two calipers blue, i feel confident i could take off the rotor if i needed but I feel thats a lot of work, I also have a lot of painters tape

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah, if you want to take a plastic bag cover the rotors and slide the bag directly behind the calipers. tape it down behind the brakes to keep from rubbing foward. use some tape the cover the brake fluid bleeder nipple. another bag around the lower part of the strut. spray some cleaner, let it dry. buff with 200 grit paper, again with 800 grit again with 2000 grit. wipe clean. high heat primer, then color

bbrewbaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all they had at autozone is the spray caliper paint, my question is would i be able to just spray it in a cup and paint? im only painting the front two calipers blue, i feel confident i could take off the rotor if i needed but I feel thats a lot of work, I also have a lot of painters tape

I had a friend do his that way. He wanted them light blue and the only blue he found was high temp engine paint in a spray.

Nate101

Reaction score
sounds good thanks guys, i plan on doing it tomorrow so ill try and take pics of how it turns out

Nate101

Reaction score
I decided just to spray the paint into a cup and use a brush to brush it on the calipers, it looks a lot better than i thought it would turn out, granted they arent perfect, ill take pics tomorrow

Punk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would have used high temp but noone had any

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais