How to paint your headlights

Slobalt.

Reaction score
I used a heat gun to do mine. if you've never used one before I don't recommend it it's very easy to melt or burn the plastic. I'm not sure a hair dryer would be hot enough but I'd try that route, seems safe.

I went with a gloss finish

IMG_0474.jpg

Last edited:

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my driver side aftermarket headlight has stress cracks in it . was thinking of taking the lens from my stock and putting it on my aftermarket one ..... what you think ?

scottfarcuz

Reaction score
Thanks for the guide!

I painted mine today and I think it looks so much better. My car is black so I think it really makes them blend in more.

Kanix

Reaction score
i have an idea for that myself thought about doing it black. then thought of, i think an even better idea, if i can get the paint that is.... i thought "hey alot of ppl has black housing for headlights.... what can i do to do something diff.?" then it dawned on me... "Paint them the color of the car" anyone else think that would be an awesome idea?

of coarse... getting the paint code off the car and ordering a pint or so of the paint color. let me know ur thoughts...

scottfarcuz

Reaction score
i have an idea for that myself thought about doing it black. then thought of, i think an even better idea, if i can get the paint that is.... i thought "hey alot of ppl has black housing for headlights.... what can i do to do something diff.?" then it dawned on me... "Paint them the color of the car" anyone else think that would be an awesome idea?

of coarse... getting the paint code off the car and ordering a pint or so of the paint color. let me know ur thoughts...

I would try it unless you have a color heavy in metallics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson