How To: WOT Box on 2.2s

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright, i did this last night and it was a royal pain simply because the instructions on the website was for a SS, so i figured that id make a how to for anyone wanting to install one on their 2.2. pics will come later. PS, please no flamage, im a how to virgin. so anyway i can improve it let me know so i can edit it, thanks

1. disconnect the negative battery cable

2. pick a good location for the wot box and remember that you need easy access to the cable.

3. run the yellow and red, black/red wire through the firewall and up into the engine back via the grommet near the pedals.

4. look for the coil pack wires and expose the wires and locate the pink/white wire, cut this wire and strip off insulation on both sides

5. take the red and black/red wire and split about 6 inches and remove insulation as well. now take the red wire and splice into the wire going away from the coil pack and take the black/red wire and splice into the wire going into the coil pack. solder it back (or i twisted them and shrink wrapped them since thats all i had). put the wires in the loom or just make it look pretty.
103_0469.jpg

6. next with the yellow wire, on the #4 fuel injector (injector nearest the driver side), you splice that into the light blue/black wire. and repeat the soldering or twist and wrap procedure.
103_0468.jpg

7. back into the car now, find the accelerator pedal position sensor and locate the dark blue wire. now this is where your blue wire connects...im warning you now, if you got big hands this is gonna blow big time. my hands are man size and i had to fight with this. another way of doin this is to splice it in at the ECU, so its up to you how you want to do it. once again repeat the solder or twist and wrap procedure
103_0466.jpg

8. next is the clutch pedal position sensor. this is where i had the problem, the instructions say there is a brown/white wire youre supposed to splice into or you can do it at the ECU. i tried at the ECU at pin #8 like it says and i dont have a pin number. but at my sensor there are 2 wires yellow and redish pink. heres where i used my test light. one wire has .5V when the clutch isnt pressed down and the other has .5V when its down. the wire that you need is yellow. its a tight squeeze in here as well but not nearly as bad as the APP. take a razor blade and strip off the insulator and twist the green wire around it and solder if possible or just tape it up and reinstall
103_0463.jpg

103_0465.jpg

9. next up is the easy part.....GROUNDING!!! i shouldnt have to say much here but just in case, find a good place to ground lol

10. this following information is from the site to check everything to make sure everything is hooked up right.

Troubleshooting ‐ Testing the WOT Box

1. Key on the car but do not start the engine. Press the gas pedal to the floor. You should see the LED on the WOT Box start to rapidly blink. If it does not, check your APP sensor signal connection (WOT Box BLUE wire).

2. Next, with the gas pedal still depressed, press the clutch pedal to the floor. You should see the LED on the WOT Box briefly go out, and then come back on solid for one second and then finally resume blinking rapidly. If you do not see this, check your Clutch Pedal Position Switch signal connection (WOT Box GREEN wire).

3. Next, start the engine. Quickly press the gas pedal to the floor and immediately step on the clutch. You should hear the engine start to rev up, stumble for a short period while the ignition is cut, then return back on and continue revving. Remove your foot from the gas before you hit the rev limiter. The 2‐step will not engage if the gas is depressed before the clutch. This is normal. If the engine does not stumble or pause when the LED turns out, then check the RED/BLACK paired wire. Verify that the RED and BLACK 16 AWG wires are wired facing the proper way. If they are reversed, the ignition cut will not work.

4. Lastly, test the 2‐Step. Press the clutch pedal down and then quickly press the gas pedal all the way down. The gas pedal must be floored for the 2‐step to engage. The engine should rev up to the desired RPM and hold. If it does not, be sure to remove your foot from the gas before you hit the rev limiter. If the 2‐step does not work, check the WOT Box YELLOW wire.

5. The WOT Box Graphical User Interface has some inherent troubleshooting capability. If you have access to a laptop, it may be useful for you to download the GUI at N2MB Racing and follow the instructions there.

Usage

To use the WOT Shift feature, keep your foot fully on the gas and shift quickly using the clutch. Keep the gas fully depressed through the shift. The WOT Box will detect the clutch switch signal and briefly cut the ignition
to enable an effortless shift. To use the 2‐Step feature, fully depress the clutch. Next, fully depress the gas pedal to the floor. The engine will rev up and hold the RPM that you have set. Quickly release the clutch while leaving the gas fully depressed to launch the car.

Last edited:

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the wot is 2 main features, 2 step aka launch control and no lift shift. the 2 step basically allows you to launch without having to feather the gas. basically hold down the clutch, and then hold down the gas and dependin on where you set the box, itll hold it at that rpm. then when youre ready to go just take your foot off the clutch.

no lift shift basically does what it is called. allows your to shift gears without takin your foot off the gas, if youre boosted it will definitely help you because you wont ever go out of boost, constant boost through out the entire run you do. its amazing. the ss/tc's have those features stock

camopaint0707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can someone explain what an WOT box is? and where can I get one?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie