hub conversions

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think YELLOW is saying my rotors may be warped.. is it easy to put on a larger brake kit on the front?

how difficult is it to convert the rear drum to disc?

thanks!

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know about brake converstions? i'm thinking of taking it in tomorrow to have the brakes looked at.. if they say i need new rotors.. thought about getting larger cross drilled or slotted... and maybe converting back to disk.. any help appreciated!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So here's the skinny on rotors, stay the hell away from anything drilled. They're only good for stress fractures and you don't want those. Slotted is usually fine, I had a set on my LT, they tend to have a better initial bite when it's wet out since there is that channel for water to escape. That being said, more metal means more braking before fade happens, it takes energy to slow your car down. I'm running blanks on my LNF, though I might be looking at slotted next time around because of how wet it gets here in the 11 months it rains.

For the conversion you have 2 options, you can get an entire rear axle and swap it in or get mounting brackets. I recall there being something funky about the e-brake. Look around the forum, I recall a guy with an Ion doing one.

Edit:
Found it, sadly there are no pictures.
http://www.chevycobaltforum.com/forum/f20/how-rear-disc-conversion-336/

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie