Intake Mod for 2.2L Cobalts with pictures!!

keithmcd901

Reaction score
it doesn't seem that taking of the silencer will increase the hp by more then 5 to 10. but i do want to see change in the throttle response. taking it of looks like itll only take an hour or so to do tonight.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You probably wont notice more power, but throttle response is better.

bbrewbaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see any reason why it should void it.
I mean your have less chance of sucking in water with it because the intact is no longer at the headlight.

Patpatboy2

Reaction score
i already have a K&N intake. would taking this silencer out do anything else?
its still in there because i never took it out when i installed my intake and wasnt sure if it would even matter if i took it out

I don't think it would do anything because the silencer is down below the headlight but the cold air intake is above the engine. All it would really do for you is get rid of a tiny bit of weight.

Patpatboy2

Reaction score
Hey, can someone make a video on how to do this? I tried but was unable to get the pin that's next to the engine out. I think seeing a video might help me do it.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i would but i traded my car in. if you could post a pic of the pin your haveing trouble with i might can help

Patpatboy2

Reaction score
i would but i traded my car in. if you could post a pic of the pin your haveing trouble with i might can help

Well, I can't post a pic of it because its the one way back, almost under the engine and I can barely even reach it, much less take a picture of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson