Intercooler question

07cobaltsssc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i am, kinda hahah.
I actually like it a lot better than cobaltss.net
You guys actually help out and give better advice on what to do and actually dont bash on some of the stuff that people do. This site is really chill!

07cobaltsssc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the dash when i change it to the temp selection is says that, i havent been able to drive this thing for 2 weeks cuz i had to get the pcm tune redone so ill see what the temps are at when i get it going tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

yeah exactly! haha

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah we are laid back... way back haha some of us do get a little bashy at times though.. i think everyone has an "off" day though

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
coolant temp should not be effected by your heat exchanger, it's a completely seperate cooling system. your intake air temperatures and your heat exhanger coolant temps will be effected. in the long run, your engine will run slightly cooler, but thats not the point of the heat exchanger. more fins to soak more heat will make your intercooler temp lower making the laminovas cooler leading to more heat soaked from the intake air. cooler iat's = denser cooler air meaning more power! if you mess with this stuff, it's a good idea to invest in the aeroforce interceptor so you can actually see your intake air temperatures from 2 factory sensors.

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
175 is hot? i wouldn't know that though... i'm a turboed guy. i see running temps from 194-205 but then again i think i remember reading somewhere lnf runs hotter then the lsj.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's coolant temps, not intake air temps. coolant temps are around 190 on the lnf. 180 on the lsj. idling for a bit or hard driving on a hot day youll see 200-205. any more than that is sorta bad. aluminum heads are known to warp around 250f

07cobaltsssc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uh, yeah i am not certain on what i should be running at all. Im just guessing that i am running at a good temp cuz when i was running with 42lbs injectors, cai, and gm tune last summer i would run around like mabye 180-185 or maybe a little hotter. Cant recall.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

yeah thats what i was thinking, and that what i am running at i believe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais