Is this a good deal?

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats not bad. its not the best amp to be honest. the build is sorta shitty but as long as you tune it correctly its decent. for that price its a pretty good deal (new or used btw)

Nate101

Reaction score
used but i was told never blasted very often.

I ended up just getting a capacitor and the amp, but I have a question, what subs should I get to match the amp? I dont want to under power the subs by a lot but i dont want to over power them either, also what cables do i need to hook up the capacitor and amp and subs?

MrCobaltss09

Reaction score
you are going to have to be carfull because if your amp is underpowered then the subs you get wont sound good. and if you get a am that is to powerfull it will make the subs crack and bottom out.

MrCobaltss09

Reaction score
well the subs are 300 rms. what is the peek on the amp. what every it is the RMS is usually around half.

i have a 2000 peek pionnier sub so 1000 RMS, with a 1200 peek pionnier amp so 600 RMS and it sounds good. you can hear it from across a paking lot. even with the windows rolled up

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

and since you are not running lots of power you will be okay with 6 or 8 gauge wireing
i have 2 gauge because its a high power amp and sub

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those subs are too small but most importantly they are 2 ohms. you want a 4 ohm setup if you have that kenwood 2 channel amp

MrCobaltss09

Reaction score
you dont need a second battery as long as you run a remote turn off line to a phuse or somthing that only turns on when when the car is on. so like the phuse for your window wipers

MrCobaltss09

Reaction score
yup

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

a friend has 1000 rms and he is not even running one. yet!! you just have to remmember that as long as your key is not in the on position you will not drain your battery.
If it is the on position when the car is not running it will drain your battery because all the car functions are usable unlike when in the accesory possition

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup