key stuck in ignition :(

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
just go under the steering wheel. also, check to see if you can press the button on ur shifter if ur automatic

Yes I'm an automatic, and the button on the shifter is broke, I think that my dad damaged the shifter, what problem do you have Cesar?

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a pin under the shifter that comes loose on mine. I always have to lift the shifter panel and stick my hand in to the right of the shifter housing. Right there I can feel the pin out a bit. So I just push it in a bit until the button on the shifter works.

Hey another ?? When ur key is stuck. Are u able to move ur shifter out of park while the car is off? Thts what happens to mine

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Oh shit my bad. Didn't read ur op entirely. I think u do have the same problem. Just do what I said. Also. When u have ur hand next to the shifter housing, pull the shifter out of park and into "f". Move it up and down until u feel the pin but keep the ebrake on

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

I think imma have to remove the whole console to actually get to the pin easily. Then I'm gonna super glue it in so it keeps from popping out.

Fluffy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he's got the idea^^ but if your under warranty still take it and play dumb as hell, just say one day you key wouldnt come out. we have people do it al the time :D

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing about taking my car to the dealer to get fix I hate is the waiting. I'd rather glue it in myself. Lol

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
so i took into the dealer today and they said when they took the shifter off everything just fell apart, so they ordered me a new shifter assembly and my car will be ready by noon tomorrow all under warrenty BTW :) i told hte guy how my dad broke it and he said that he didnt tell the tech up there how it broke

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thng u kept mouth shut about ur dad. But I bet it was the pin. But I can't beleive ur dad pulled on it hard.

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup...i got a new shifter assembly as well...but i didnt even know about the recall back then...i went in because i fried my tcm and they just replaced it...and i was able to get my key out without using the plunger underneath the steering...lol

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good thng u kept mouth shut about ur dad. But I bet it was the pin. But I can't beleive ur dad pulled on it hard.

i kno me either, i come home from work and im like my key is stuck in my ignition, so he goes out there with me and he tried to get it out and he grabs on to the shifter and yanks that shit into L, i didnt think anything of it and then i notice both of his feet were out side of the car and i was like "dad....did you have the break applied when you took it out of park.....?" he was like "no, i didnt kno you had to do that" i was thinking thanks ass hole first my car eats my key, then then you break my fucking shifter... **** my life

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso