MAP sensor fixed!

M-Dub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah it's fine...

He is just overly picky about it... for 99% of the public it would be just fine after the tune adjustments.

I think he said it was about 10% off... where my custom SRI I made was 7-20% off in certain areas!

SO I said screw it and put the stock airbox and K&N filter in it!

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
get a clear image intake...been tested and proven not to have a problem, was cruising with the test car with it on the other day

M-Dub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom...

It has the same issues they just tuned it out.... Remember any intake other than the stocker changes the angle of the MAF, the diameter of the pipes, and the over all airflow causing the MAF to be skewed.

The CIA SRI and CAI both caused the same things but the Trifecta software tuned it out.

:D

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
he is not tuned AT ALL

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

i cant rem wich, but one of them needs a tune the other doesnt

M-Dub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then its the CAI that doesn't... the SRI does we got into a heated discussion on shortbus about it! Where he said we didn't know what we were doing!

Projekt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no i mean the problem with the intake/spring is i need to take off the intake inorder to remove the spring.

Stamina

Reaction score
Ditch that spring! Mine's sitting in a shotglass in my room because it's garbage!! My car is going in today, no one can pinpoint what is wrong with it.

What was the it doing again? CSS.net is down (no surprise) and can't look up or remember what you said 100%. I may have a friend whose car is doing something similar to yours if I remember right.

LilSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My car never had the spring in it, heard way too many mixed reviews to risk putting it in. Umm my car let's seee....lol well sometimes it would hit 22 psi fine, sometimes only 15, or it would hit 22 and rapidly fall down to 14 or so. And when I got it logged it was knocking apparently and only getting 50% throttle at WOT. I was pushing it and it just wouldn't go. It was also ultra lean.

Similar things happened on the stock computer, wouldn't boost higher than 10 or 12 when it used to see 16, but on average it was only getting up to around 7 or 8. Took it in yesterday they said they'd call me this afternoon. Guy was like "do you have anything done to the car?" I was said no which is technically true since the stock ecu was in and he says "not that it matters to us, just wanted to make sure everything was installed right." So at least I know I can get parts and they won't care lol.

Stamina

Reaction score
My car never had the spring in it, heard way too many mixed reviews to risk putting it in. Umm my car let's seee....lol well sometimes it would hit 22 psi fine, sometimes only 15, or it would hit 22 and rapidly fall down to 14 or so. And when I got it logged it was knocking apparently and only getting 50% throttle at WOT. I was pushing it and it just wouldn't go. It was also ultra lean.

Similar things happened on the stock computer, wouldn't boost higher than 10 or 12 when it used to see 16, but on average it was only getting up to around 7 or 8. Took it in yesterday they said they'd call me this afternoon. Guy was like "do you have anything done to the car?" I was said no which is technically true since the stock ecu was in and he says "not that it matters to us, just wanted to make sure everything was installed right." So at least I know I can get parts and they won't care lol.

Ok. Well, if you would, please post up what you find whenever they figure out heads from tails. My friend's car is in the shop right now and they can't figure anything out even though it's been in the shop for over a week already...

They replaced the ECU and ECU interconnect to no avail. The car was basically not boosting, but driving fine. Then when he replaced the ECU a few hours/drives later, it started running badly, stalling, etc too. I would've thought it was a boost leak except for the part that it ran fine for a while. Then when the stock ECU made a difference that tells me it's an engine issue. I'm thinking now that it might be the turbo solenoid issue popping up... anybody else have any ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais