mInor issue with new setup

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. This is wierd. Turned my car on this morning and everything was fine. Back the car up and I'm feeling vibrations. Loud vibrations but when I put the car in drive and hit 2000 rpms the vibrations disappear. Pull up to a red lght and there it goes again. I drive about a mile and then at a red light the vibrations are gone. I don't know if it was cuz the car was cold or what. Once I get to work and park it but with the engine still on, I could here it slightly. I look under the hood with the car on and stick my arm in to see if the cat is rubbing on the sway bar. There's about an inch of free space in between. Ok, so it's not the cat rubbing bbut what could it be. I look under the car and I see the resonator byt the dp connection is slightly down but at the other end is fine.

The question is if when I get in my car does the weight force the cr down and have the cat touch the sway? I did hear the rattle also somewhere onthe middle. Could it be the heat shield touching at the resonator? It's weird. Sometimes it happens and then it doesn't. I'll check again today after work

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Bump

I know how these thread get forgotten after awhile

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wish i could help, maybe have someone about your size sit in the car and look under the hood then.

sloancallaway

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check your mounts for your motor and tranny they could be loose... i actually broke a tranny mount once but while it was vibrating because it was cracked and then oneday boom it was broken

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

I also noticed a vibration with my cv joint one day and then next day I broke that lol so check the play there too

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check your mounts for your motor and tranny they could be loose... i actually broke a tranny mount once but while it was vibrating because it was cracked and then oneday boom it was broken

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

I also noticed a vibration with my cv joint one day and then next day I broke that lol so check the play there too

That would be a huge coincidence for that to happen at the same time of this install but I'll check when I get home

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok problem solved

right after the resonator going to the muffler, the first turn it does to the drivers side, right at the hook is where it rubs on the car. So I tried undoing the bolts by that area and right at the second curve. Manipulated it a bit to see if u can turn it a bit and then tighten but nothing worked. Sooooo, I took off the rubber piece that goes on the hook removed it and only attached it on the car side. Pushed it in and jammed it by the rubbng area. Te result? It's pushing the touching hook away about an inch away from the edge. warmed up the car and Ran It around the block. So far no vibrations. Thanks god it wasn't nothing serious. Thanks to the TWO guys that tried to help

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad you got it fixed and it was nothing serious. When i had my 98 3.8l camaro i blew a head gasket on it the week before i got married, we were going to the beach so i had a shop fix it for me. I picked it up the day of my wedding and took it on the interstate i had a horrible rattle and they couldnt figure out what it was. we took my wifes focus. my dad called me a couple days later and told me it was just a loose bolt on the alternator.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie