My Hub Conversion.

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, alot thicker. gimme a sec.

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

rear45.jpg

rear45back.jpg

these are from trying to work my lug swap using drilled stock hubs. Powell didn't like the idea of drilling where it was already weak, so we scrapped the idea.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So what about using the stock locations for the lugs, just filling the old studs in and redrilling for the new pattern? How solid would that be?

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you mean like welding the holes closed, then re-drilling?

If i'm not mistaken they are cast, so welding it correctly is difficult at best.

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's not really a good alternative. From what i've read, welding cast iron/steel is really difficult to do correctly, and even then, its just not the best idea.

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it still won't make the hub thicker at those points.

he meant popping out the stock studs and filling the holes. then redrilling them in the 5x4.5 circle on top of where the original holes wound have been. Just doesn't sound safe imo.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
he meant popping out the stock studs and filling the holes. then redrilling them in the 5x4.5 circle on top of where the original holes wound have been. Just doesn't sound safe imo.

I think I agree, I just remembered reading something about how casting a hole in something is stronger than if you drill it...think the article was about crossdrilled brake rotors if I remember correctly.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie