N/A Build

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Motor mounts don't "add" HP persay, they alter the feel of the car. They prevent vibrations that would otherwise hinder performance if anything that free up HP you already had with the smaller durometer bushings

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Motor mounts don't "add" HP persay, they alter the feel of the car. They prevent vibrations that would otherwise hinder performance if anything that free up HP you already had with the smaller durometer bushings

Theres the HP they do right there...haha

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they give better traction off the line and also less body throw between shifting

www.turbotechracing.com --- engine and tranny mounts

i think the 2.5 downpipe from zzp is getting refabricated design or something i was told. do NOT get a 3 inch pipe, for your sake and for mine by giving myself a facepalm

the 2.4 throttle body, just buy new through ac delco or find on ebay. you won't need adapter plates if you're putting in the 2.4 intake manifold also. but remember, make sure you have a tune available AS SOON AS YOU INSTALL IT. do NOT drive with it bolted without a tune. also, make sure it's a 6 pin throttle body, not 8.

brakes... turbo tech racing has some great stuff, also Auto Accessories & Aftermarket Parts at AutoAnything | Truck Accessories & Car Accessories | Floor Mats, Tonneau Covers & Car Covers has some neat stuff too.

08Sedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, I'm like a sponge right now :bath:

Why don't I want to drive bolted without a tune? Since I'm piecing it together, I was just going to wait until I got everything to order a Trifecta...I know I won't get the full potential of my mods without it but what harm could it possibly do?

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they give better traction off the line and also less body throw between shifting.

upgraded motor mounts are not about traction particularly at all if you think about it, it's to control the engine torque that occurs when the drive train is applied with a load i.e. launch and shifts. that movement of the engine is lost torque that is not being delivered to the ground.

08Sedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't I want to drive bolted without a tune? Since I'm piecing it together, I was just going to wait until I got everything to order a Trifecta...I know I won't get the full potential of my mods without it but what harm could it possibly do?

Anyone?

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to tune it right away then wait to install the Throttle Body as the VERY last thing you bolt on. however you will not be getting the most from your bolt-ons without a tune so if I were you I would talk to Vince from Trifecta Performance and maybe that day he comes out and/or send you the tune file install the TB.

08Sedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool beans, I think I got 'er now. I was under the impression you can go on Trifecta's website, enter your mods and they send you a programmer you can do yourself....is this right?

Jmesl8er

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool beans, I think I got 'er now. I was under the impression you can go on Trifecta's website, enter your mods and they send you a programmer you can do yourself....is this right?

You rent the software and cable, you hook it up to your car, download the parameters, send it to vince or whoever. He sends back the tune, you do this back and forth until the car runs good. Took me a while to get it right, or you can find a dealer to do it for you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie