Need Help With Install.

Curtis

Reaction score
Hey Guys I recently just bought alpine SPS 6.5 for the front and I bought alpine SPS 6X9 for the back. I also bought a sony xpload 4channel amp that will power the speakers.

I have an alpine head unit installed and an alpine amp and sub. SO I just want better & louder sounding speakers than the stock speakers. Just not totally sure how to do it.

I already have a remote line and aux cable running to my head unit for my sub. so the romote turn on my head unit is already been used. So how do I get the other amp to turn on.

I am not sure how am I suppose to get the speaker wire to the doors?

Also what gauge wire would you use for the wiring kit and speaker wire. The sony xpload is like 300watts RMS, 700watts peak. I was thinking 8 gauge. does that sound good?

Aikidoshadow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wire the second amp into the head units remote line with the other one. Its only a dedicated power and ground that is important to the amplifiers.
Use the factory wiring for the component speakers in doors and rear run the head units lines to the input of the second amp and connect the factory wiring to the output.

Curtis

Reaction score
How do i get into the stock wiring? Can this ever be reversed if I sell the car?
is there a how to somewhere of how to get into the stock wiring?

Aikidoshadow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you install the head unit to the stock speakers to begin with?
You would have to cut the wiring from the harness (with a service loop) to perform it the way I proposed. Otherwise enjoy taking the dash and doors apart to run your new wiring.

Curtis

Reaction score
I used a the PAC audio interface and a harness. I would rather not cut through stock wiring if I can. So how would I get into the doors if I wanna run new wire?

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
into the doors?

they have two tabs on the side like the plastic part under the hood that just you pull out. then a screw behind the inside door handle behind a flat peice of plastic. then two more screws in the arm rest/window switchs also under a peice of plastic then just push it up. (Assuming power locks and windows)

Curtis

Reaction score
I think You are talking about taking apart the door panel. I want to run speaker wires from the back of the car from an amplifier to each car door to power after market speakers. I want to know how to run wire from inside the car to inside the door.

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think You are talking about taking apart the door panel. I want to run speaker wires from the back of the car from an amplifier to each car door to power after market speakers. I want to know how to run wire from inside the car to inside the door.

go thru the trun under the carpet, run the wires under the back panels and then continue on under the kick panels, feed them thru that hose on the door and your done lol

Aikidoshadow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go thru the trun under the carpet, run the wires under the back panels and then continue on under the kick panels, feed them thru that hose on the door and your done lol

This and then take the doors apart to rewire the speakers.
I'm not that much of an audiophile to bother running amps for my components. lol

Although if you start running enough power draw you might consider the dual alternator mod that "emperorJJ" iirc had on his SS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup