Need Help With Install.

Curtis

Reaction score
Where is the opening for the hose in the cabin? do you have to take appart alot of pannels to get 2 it

newfiedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pull the kick panels, do not use factory wiring for amplified speakers its not heavy enough you are going to want 14-16 gauge wiring for that, for amped speakers I use 14 gauge. Remove the rubber where it meets the body at the front doors then remove the plastic molex from there, there is lots of room to stick speaker wiring through there safely so that it will last the life of the vehicle. You run the wiring along the door sills, remove the kick panel and the plastic that covers the door sill area run the wiring tucked down into the capret as far as you can get it that way its safe. With the plastic removed from the door you will see where to stick the wiring. As for the rears you need to remove the cover for it and then simply drop the wiring and zip tie to to the factory speaker wires to protect them. You can split the rca's for the sub with Y adapters or opt to run them from the deck, if I were you I would do it from the deck since you are going 4 channel. Run all that wiring down the passenger side and like the other guys said you can use the remote wire to turn on both amps, its a very small draw on the remote wire to power both amps so you should be good. Here is a good link to give you an idea of how to do it.
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~78731~PN~1

Curtis

Reaction score
Thanks that would be very helpfull. And muchly appreciated

Curtis

Reaction score
Alpine CDA 105.

I have been talking to people and they say the total opposite from you guys are telling me. They say I should use like 18 guage wirring and tap into the existing factory wire either at the molex cable or the stock wiring at the head unit. They say running the wire through the doors is really hard. They say it is very hard. ya that how to would help alot. So what gauge wire should I use for the power and ground. and you say I should use 14-16 guage wiring. They said that feeding it through there would not be good at all because it would get caught and snag in the door jam.

Any more info would be helpfull!!

Thanks

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i havent decided on how im gonna get my wire thru the molex yet. but i say run 16 gauge. and as far as the power wire goes, whats the specs on your amp? and whats your RMS on your speakers?

Curtis

Reaction score
80Watts RMS for speakers. Alpine Type S 6.5 and 6X9
70watts RMS per channel on sony xpload amp. 700watts max or something like that.

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i just looked up your speakers, it adds up to be 370 watts total power you will need, then you need head room.. so your amp needs to be around the 400-450 watts range

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

80Watts RMS for speakers. Alpine Type S 6.5 and 6X9
70watts RMS per channel on sony xpload amp. 700watts max or something like that.

well you need to read a little more about your amp man, the amp will push more or less per channel depending on the size power wire you get

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup