Need Help With Install.

Curtis

Reaction score
Ya I know man. but 70watts RMS per channel is plenty enough power for me. Im sure it will power the speakers very well, but not to there full potential. but they will do well I think.

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
well what ever gauge wire kicks out the 70 watts per channel is the one you go for then lol

but yah man, my buddy and i are gonna install my 4 chan amp on thursday, ill write a how to then

Curtis

Reaction score
Did you get your speakers installed?? How much wire did you use. Im hopping 50 feet will do the trick, Might have to buy some more. And as you guys were saying you can use the same remote wire for two amps, how do I do that.

So is this how I should do my install? or should I just run the wire on top or beside the molex cable. Have you made that how to yet?

should I ground my second amp at the same spot my first amp is?

Curtis

Reaction score
so ya I got the passenger side kick panel off and I see the little hole going into the door. I couldn't seem to get the drivers one off having a little trouble because the trunk poper lever is there? should I take that off. It kinda seems to be blocking the panel from coming off?

Also when I was taking of the rubber tube going from the car to the door I couldn't get the molex plug all the way out. How do you get the molex cable into two pieces?

newfiedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well curtis you can take their advice or someone who has been doing this for well over 15 years, as well as being a hydraulic and electrical troubleshooter for well over 8 years. I have wired everything from computers to high power sound systems. I did say use anything from 14 to 16 gauge wiring for the speakers the reason I recommended 14 gauge is that it gives you all the wiring size you are going to need no matter what kind of power you want to run to them and since its pretty close in cost to what you pay for 16 gauge its just as well to run it. The reason they tell you to tap the factory wiring is that they are lazy plain and simple, you are running it to the door anyhow how much harder is it going to be to run it into the door especially when its so easy to do so. The factory stuff is not designed nor meant to be used for amped speaker wiring trust me on this its not worth the time to use it, if you run 16 gauge and tap the wiring you are choking down the current capability of that wiring, just suck it up and run it into the doors you will thank me down the road if you do this. The molex has 2 clips on it 1 facing the back and 1 facing the front use a butter knife or plastic upholstry pry tool to depress the clip and remove it from the door once you do that you do not even need to unplug it remove the rubber and you can run the wiring on the outer ring.

Curtis

Reaction score
Ya so its been a long wait but I finality got the new alpine speakers and the amp in my car! It sounds pretty sweet! nice and clear and crisp sound!

but one more question. How should I set the amp settings.. Should I just leave it like it is. it sounds pretty good.

newfiedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go with what sounds best, I usually set everything to nominal to start with then tweak from there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup