need more power without turbo or tune

09balt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also crate engine depot has a 2.4 intake manifold that will work with the 2.2 throttle body

09balt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've actually thought about gettin the throttle body and manifold from a 2.4 but people told me that it wont exactly work unless your tuned.

09balt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so headers and air intake is basically all i can do for my engine without turbo,super and tune

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm looking for a way to get more power without a turbo or tune. So far all i have is the gmpp intake, custom catback and intake silencer delete. I'm probly gonne buy headers soon but i'm not to sure what to get.

will not get power without tune. How many times do I have to say this on this god forsaken forum!

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Listen everyone, your ECM CANNOT compensate enough for the modifications you do to either the intake or exhaust period no if ands or butt dynos. there is a set parameter that ecm can work within, getting tuned is what changes these parameters. Without a tune, If any, there will be the slightest bit of gain until it gets to the point where it's out of range of the ecm and then again it will be barely noticeable. There is also a chance that your "bolt ons" can even lose you power. If you want your car to go faster without a tune lighten it.

Now every new person that comes to this site stop asking the same question that is answered with this same answer.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

you could upgrade the cams, get a lightweight clutch/flywheel, upgrade valve springs. get another car?

these are the only things, lighten or getting another car is the most practical honestly.. cams are a portion of tuning. upgraded valve springs wont do anything. What is closing the valve with more pressure going to do?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso