noob to cobalts/ecotec

skull_rx3

Reaction score
ok i just got a '10 cobalt xfe base with a 5 speed. what is the best and cheaper starter mods to do on these cars for a bit more power and responsiveness. i am more a lt1 and ls1 type guy as i have camaro's but not looking to make a hot rod out of a more daily driven car thanks to gas prices. just want to make it a bit more enjoyable to drive and to deal with traffic(having to adjust to the slower passing vs a v8's). :Good or Bad:

camopaint0707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
intake and exhaust, i mean you could do the full bolt ons and a tune too

skull_rx3

Reaction score
intake and exhaust, i mean you could do the full bolt ons and a tune too

what's the basic bolt ons availible? so far i have just been having luck finding things for the ss. i have already thought about doing a aem cai and maybe a corsa cat back.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

also as far as tuning goes does anyone offer a mail tune or a self install tune? i have a few tuner shops around my area but they r more jap jdm shops then anything. already went to a few and got some dirty looks and such when i told them what i had.:gr_guns:

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes there is a mail tune from trifecta.

and a few basic bolt ons would be header/downpipe, cat back, intake.

got any pics of this XFE??

skull_rx3

Reaction score
nothing good yet. the weather here has been crappy. but its nothing special. was just one of those good deals u cant let pass by.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup