Not all that bad

parise9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the numbers I put up on cardomain site are hopefuls. today i ran stock and tuned on a backroad, slightly uphill, some puddles and dried salt.
stock best 0-60 6.1s. tuned 0-60 5.6s. i'd say it's at least a little helpful lol. should've put it in 60ft. mode to record that but didn't want to totally destroy the car in an hour.

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my buddy and I both have 09 cobalt ss'. I have trifecta push button tune. my buddy jon has super chips.. last summer we went to the track every weekend. my fastest time was only .04 sec faster then his. I ran 13.96 sec he ran 14.00 sec. so what I am saying is superchips is basically up there with trifecta or my driving sucks(not the case) lol.

I have driven his car. I don't like the fact the the non stock tune is always on. I like to be able to choose between stock and balls to the wall. while driving it doesn't feel like it pulls as hard as mine does. I can brake the wheels free at 50mph his car can't..

well, no offense, but you both ran 14 second quarters on tuned LNF's.

You don't have as hard a time coming out of the hole because of turbo lag.

You have factory installed launch control and no lift shift.

I ran a 14.01 in my stock SS/SC, all it had was an Injen CAI. This was in june in North Carolina, humid as all get out.

Didn't mean to bash you, but a tuned LNF should run at least mid 13's. That's what a stage 2 SC runs, and it's the same HP levels as a stock LNF.

Post up your 60ft times and i can give you some pointers.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score

I ran a 14.01 in my stock SS/SC, all it had was an Injen CAI. This was in june in North Carolina, humid as all get out.

Didn't mean to bash you, but a tuned LNF should run at least mid 13's. That's what a stage 2 SC runs, and it's the same HP levels as a stock LNF.

the point of the ss/tc was not for 1/4mile, as you stated above the ss/sc stage 2 runs mid 13's and a stock LNF is capable of mid-high 13's. What about after the 1/4 mile if u kept going(circuit racing), the ss/tc pulls away. Don't get me wrong, 1/4 mile on any ss/tc is "ok" but not the purpose of the car, it was built to be raced on a circuit and perform above and beyond what the ss/sc was.

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the point of the ss/tc was not for 1/4mile, as you stated above the ss/sc stage 2 runs mid 13's and a stock LNF is capable of mid-high 13's. What about after the 1/4 mile if u kept going(circuit racing), the ss/tc pulls away. Don't get me wrong, 1/4 mile on any ss/tc is "ok" but not the purpose of the car, it was built to be raced on a circuit and perform above and beyond what the ss/sc was.

well, you upgrade year after year, that's just how it works haha.

the SC was not designed for the drag strip either. But since you mentioned it, the TC has better motor mounts, better axles, better clutch, better throw out bearing, wider, grippier tires, stiffer springs, and better gearing.

Considering same driver, it should blow the SC out of the water.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
well, you upgrade year after year, that's just how it works haha.

the SC was not designed for the drag strip either. But since you mentioned it, the TC has better motor mounts, better axles, better clutch, better throw out bearing, wider, grippier tires, stiffer springs, and better gearing.

Considering same driver, it should blow the SC out of the water.

troof, but neither were built for 1/4 mile lol, their both still better doing auto-x or circuit racing, can't wait to do some open lapping events this year, so excited!!!!:party33::party33:

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score

my time slips are already posted. i'm in central texas. it's pretty humid during the summer considering the proximity to lakes and the drag strip itself is called little river... so it's hot and really humid here. the track is shittier then all hell. you can see the bumps all the way down the strip.

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my time slips are already posted. i'm in central texas. it's pretty humid during the summer considering the proximity to lakes and the drag strip itself is called little river... so it's hot and really humid here. the track is shittier then all hell. you can see the bumps all the way down the strip.

i'll try to find pictures of fayetteville motor speedway. there are potholes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie