not street legal

Cobalt_07_LT_Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found out that while i was looking at cai's and sri's, that putting a k&n intake and others are illegal in my state to put in my car. i was wondering if there was in intake that is street legal in all states for an 07 lt. but it isn't illegal for 05-06. Also im wondering if headers, fuel injectors and exhaust can be illegal in new mexico.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anything that changes your emissions is illegal in states that still do emissions

Jmesl8er

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some 07's had SAI ( Secondary Air Injection ), its for emissions in Cali and a couple other states, they don't have intakes or a header with this setup. If you have this then you either take it off or not do anything. Look for anything that says it CARB approved, thats the stuff thats legal in all 50

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found out that while i was looking at cai's and sri's, that putting a k&n intake and others are illegal in my state to put in my car. i was wondering if there was in intake that is street legal in all states for an 07 lt. but it isn't illegal for 05-06. Also im wondering if headers, fuel injectors and exhaust can be illegal in new mexico.

talk to your local state vehicle inspector.

Cobalt_07_LT_Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some 07's had SAI ( Secondary Air Injection ), its for emissions in Cali and a couple other states, they don't have intakes or a header with this setup. If you have this then you either take it off or not do anything. Look for anything that says it CARB approved, thats the stuff thats legal in all 50

thanks, ill look in to that

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

talk to your local state vehicle inspector.

i found a website saying what it test. it test for smog, the cat converter and gas usage.

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
K&N is CARB and will work for SAI.There is also a company that makes headers that keep the SAI as well.I cant think of there name off hand

Cobalt_07_LT_Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is what is tested. got it from website:

The actual test assesses three elements on the vehicle:
Smoke puffing from the tailpipe or other areas of the auto.
The effectiveness of the catalytic converter, which is the essential module in controlling pollution.
A computerized gas analysis measured via the exhaust pipe while the vehicle is idling and at high speed.

just to simplify it.

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

K&N is CARB and will work for SAI.There is also a company that makes headers that keep the SAI as well.I cant think of there name off hand

heres the wierd thing about the k&n. its legal in my state for 05-06, but not higher. the 57 series,(or some series) is said that it is legal for all states. i looked in their website. as for headers, could it be paceheader, spyder, or dc?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup