Official Supercharged L61s and LAPs thread

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
trans cooler, link?

i plan on running meth to, ive got a tb spacer tapped for it along with a 12v solonoid to be able to power it

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

yall run control arms bushing and the new rotated stop mounts yet?

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
No 06blackbalt is on stock style mounts but there solids from TTR.He doesnt have any wheel hop issues.Just go to Ebay and search transmission cooler.One thing chris figured out was when he was on nitrous it was overheating the transmission and boiling the fluid.He would run 15.1's @ like 70mph,I run 15.4's at 91 lol.Transmission fluid cooler highly recomended

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
oh sweet ill look into it, i have a ingalls torque dampner but ive heard not to run them without upgrades to the control arms or what ever it was had something to do with the area...

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

also got bwoody traction bars coming with ss/tc shocks and struts and a ss/tc front sway bar

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

i looked at the transmission cooler, it seems id be adding another heat exchange of some sore to cool the transmission oil

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Overall Size: 8.25x2x2 inch
Core Size: 6.5x2x2 inch
Inlet & Outlet: 3/8"
Inlet Outlet Center Distance: 5"
Rows: 7
Material: 100% Aluminum

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
even tho cxr doesnt make anything for a cobalt?

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

well i purchased that transmission cooler 48 shipped to my door, i need braided lines now i guess and i suppose a gauge to track transmission temperature??? i thought that was a major pita to install

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
even tho cxr doesnt make anything for a cobalt?

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

well i purchased that transmission cooler 48 shipped to my door, i need braided lines now i guess and i suppose a gauge to track transmission temperature??? i thought that was a major pita to install

Not sure,im manual.06blackbalt hasnt put his in yet,I would ask him after he does it since he's a certified lexus tech he might be able to give you tips.

06blackbalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got my tranny cooler an heat exchanger from cxr on ebay there products are pretty good i should be hooking up trans cooler this weekend maybe

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
oh cool if you can get some pics of it or enough to make a how to the effort would be greatly appreciated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso