Okay, so I want my 2.0 to sound like a

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Imma go with that one tho. It seems to be the better out of the flow series.

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I was very happy with my ARK exhaust my my last car, it sounded mean as hell. As for power, yes i noticed a drop in power on my low end but DID GAIN POWER on the top end and was very happy to have more highway passing power on an N/A car even if I lost some power on the bottom end.

To the OP, if the ARK has a bad rep on the Cobalts then so be it, I have not had a chance to hear one in person. I still highly recommend the GMPP Touring Catback exhaust. Any of the other suggestions and you WILL WAKE UP THE NEIGHBORS everytime you start your car. The best possible exhaust for ANYONE who is worried about being too loud is the GMPP Touring Catback, BAR NONE! I really encourage you to try and find somebody local who has any of the suggested exhausts and get a good listen while at idle, startup, WOT, and normal driving, but in the end I still suggest the GMPP Touring, quiet at idle and u can leave home without waking up the neighbors but still has a really nice deep tone and when u step on.

you think your making power but really your just listening to the noise and thinking the loudness makes you go faster. truth be told the loudness gets you no where but trouble. you don't gain speed from ark. PERIOD .

at all > .

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
you think your making power but really your just listening to the noise and thinking the loudness makes you go faster. truth be told the loudness gets you no where but trouble. you don't gain speed from ark. PERIOD .

at all > .

did u miss the part where i said it was on a different vehicle that is NOT on a cobalt? YES I DID GAIN TOP END ON MY LAST VEHICLE WITH AN ARK CATBACK EXHAUST, DO NOT TELL ME WHAT I DID OR DID NOT GAIN WHEN YOU HAVE NEVER DRIVEN THE VEHICLE, I KNOW FOR A FACT FROM DAILY DRIVING ON THE FREEWAY THAT AFTER I INSTALLED THAT EXHAUST I FOUND IT EASIER TO PASS ON THE FREEWAY, TOP END WAS GAINED, PERIOD.

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BIG emphasis on WITH a cat, NEVER go catless unless u want to wake up the entire block starting up.

i can post up vid's of cia header + 3" catless dp + stock exhaust and prove to you that it sounds just like stock. RESONATORS is what you do not want to delete. if you get rid of a car but add a resonator your fine.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

did u miss the part where i said it was on a different vehicle that is NOT on a cobalt? YES I DID GAIN TOP END ON MY LAST VEHICLE WITH AN ARK CATBACK EXHAUST, DO NOT TELL ME WHAT I DID OR DID NOT GAIN WHEN YOU HAVE NEVER DRIVEN THE VEHICLE, I KNOW FOR A FACT FROM DAILY DRIVING ON THE FREEWAY THAT AFTER I INSTALLED THAT EXHAUST I FOUND IT EASIER TO PASS ON THE FREEWAY, TOP END WAS GAINED, PERIOD.

right. thats what my good friend and another guy i know thought. the loudness of it made them think they got a bunch of power. the average joe if you stick them in a car with a loud exhaust then gun it vs a car thats not so loud will think the car is very fast. if you went from ark to stock you would think your not going as fast but the truth is your just listening to the loudness of the exhaust and the rpm's that you think your faster. we've dyno tested and proved it actually also, but hey i am sure your car was a different story. :rofl:

ps. both guys who had it got rid of it ASAP after we dyno'd them before and after and they both got pissed but the one kid kept thinking to himself how is it possible "I CAN FEEL THE POWER UP TOP". kid sorta sounds like you. jump on a dyno see how you do then take off ark and put stock exhaust on and see what happens. i've done it twice now buddy. i said this a long time ago over 2+ years ago on css.net and put up dyno sheets. later

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
i can post up vid's of cia header + 3" catless dp + stock exhaust and prove to you that it sounds just like stock. RESONATORS is what you do not want to delete. if you get rid of a car but add a resonator your fine.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

right. thats what my good friend and another guy i know thought. the loudness of it made them think they got a bunch of power. the average joe if you stick them in a car with a loud exhaust then gun it vs a car thats not so loud will think the car is very fast. if you went from ark to stock you would think your not going as fast but the truth is your just listening to the loudness of the exhaust and the rpm's that you think your faster. we've dyno tested and proved it actually also, but hey i am sure your car was a different story. :rofl:

ps. both guys who had it got rid of it ASAP after we dyno'd them before and after and they both got pissed but the one kid kept thinking to himself how is it possible "I CAN FEEL THE POWER UP TOP". kid sorta sounds like you. jump on a dyno see how you do then take off ark and put stock exhaust on and see what happens. i've done it twice now buddy. i said this a long time ago over 2+ years ago on css.net and put up dyno sheets. later

Buddy, I have been driving for well over 8 years, I KNOW MY DRIVING, I KNOW HOW SPEED FEELS, I KNOW WHEN POWER IS GAINED AND POWER IS LOST. What you need to realize is that I'm NOT ARGUING against the Cobalt's that lost power, I know nothing of ARK exhausts on Cobalt's so don't be a fucking prick towards me when I'm not trying to argue with something that was OBVIOUSLY dyno proven.

As well, NEVER trust a dyno vs actually doing several runs from 0-100 and timing how long it takes to reach various speeds. Do runs from 20-100, 40-100, 60-100 and 80-100, record results and compare with stock before deciding nothing was gained. In my experience dyno's are more of a tuning instrument and don't always reflect actual capabilities of a car. Ensure that you have some good baseline numbers to work with that are done before the exhaust is installed from 20-100, 40-100, 60-100 and 80-100.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the ARK catback for the Cobalt only a 2.5inch? That's the same as stock exhaust so duhhhhhhh of course your going to fuking gain nothing even with a tune. My last car stock was a 2inch exhaust and I went for a 2.5inch, 2.25 would have been the happy medium but i wanted extra top end vs off the line power, thus why my intake in the end after much testing was setup as a full CAI vs an SRI because I didn't care about off the line power.

Remember, I never said you were wrong when the ARK exhaust on a Cobalt didn't gain anything but get it through your head that YES I DID GAIN POWER ON MY LAST VEHICLE FROM AN ARK CATBACK EXHAUST. Guy, PLEASE get that though your head so we can continue forward in peace.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

:facepalm: enough with the arguing already

I'm not going to just sit here and let him tell me something is wrong that I DAMN WELL KNOW IS RIGHT. I have stated my case and if he can't see the logic that is plainly laid out infront of him then he shouldn't be giving advise to anybody about cars ever again........personally for the power he has in his daily driver I would hope this is just some horrible misunderstanding and when he reads the above post he realizes his mistake.

Last edited:

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. we dyno'd before and after
2. we did street pulls. yes multiple ones. 40-110. 60-110. 40-140. i have video's of the car before and after. i've done tests with different downpipes and the ark exhaust. all were done on 3 vehicles which were all 2007 cobalts and i even have video's of the car on stock setup .vs. ark exhaust.
3. we even switched drivers just to prove that ark lost power.

Here are just some videos i put up. If you know who i am you would know i used to have about 200+ street racing video's on streetfire.net and have done multiple tests with ark, zzp dp's, and also injen cai vs the airbox mod.

test car 1: silver 2007 chevy cobalt ss/sc
test car 2: black 2007 chevy cobalt ss/sc
test car 3: orange 2007 chevy cobalt ss/sc

Before Ark Exhaust (silver balt vs. black balt)- http://videos.streetfire.net/video/no-nitrous-2007-Chevy-vs_643889.htm

After with Ark Exhaust at night time + zzp catless dp (silver balt vs black balt)- http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Two-2007-Chevy-Cobalt_644357.htm

silver balt vs black balt nitrous run- http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Nitrous-Run-2007-Chevy-vs_643890.htm

Both Cobalts Nitrous Run *my jets were lower and a smaller shot than him (orange balt vs. black balt)- http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Cobalt-wNitrous-vs-Cobalt_698691.htm I have pulls vs dan's car with out nitrous and even with nitrous that day. multiple video's.

Keep in mind I had to take all my video's down from streetfire.net. Only by request or certain times do i upload new video's anymore. I do have a bunch more video's of the silver balt and orange balt plus the black doing street pulls. Even a side exhaust dump test we tried and a whole bunch of other things. I've done the tests with multiple cars and dyno'd and even done street pulls so this is the reason why to this day i run the stock cat back exhaust on my car. I make well over 350whp/350torque on the stock cat back exhaust and i run CIA header + 3" catless dp.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
1. we dyno'd before and after
2. we did street pulls. yes multiple ones. 40-110. 60-110. 40-140. i have video's of the car before and after. i've done tests with different downpipes and the ark exhaust. all were done on 3 vehicles which were all 2007 cobalts and i even have video's of the car on stock setup .vs. ark exhaust.
3. we even switched drivers just to prove that ark lost power.

Here are just some videos i put up. If you know who i am you would know i used to have about 200+ street racing video's on streetfire.net and have done multiple tests with ark, zzp dp's, and also injen cai vs the airbox mod.

test car 1: silver 2007 chevy cobalt ss/sc
test car 2: black 2007 chevy cobalt ss/sc
test car 3: orange 2007 chevy cobalt ss/sc

Before Ark Exhaust (silver balt vs. black balt)- http://videos.streetfire.net/video/no-nitrous-2007-Chevy-vs_643889.htm

After with Ark Exhaust at night time + zzp catless dp (silver balt vs black balt)- http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Two-2007-Chevy-Cobalt_644357.htm

silver balt vs black balt nitrous run- http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Nitrous-Run-2007-Chevy-vs_643890.htm

Both Cobalts Nitrous Run *my jets were lower and a smaller shot than him (orange balt vs. black balt)- http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Cobalt-wNitrous-vs-Cobalt_698691.htm I have pulls vs dan's car with out nitrous and even with nitrous that day. multiple video's.

Keep in mind I had to take all my video's down from streetfire.net. Only by request or certain times do i upload new video's anymore. I do have a bunch more video's of the silver balt and orange balt plus the black doing street pulls. Even a side exhaust dump test we tried and a whole bunch of other things. I've done the tests with multiple cars and dyno'd and even done street pulls so this is the reason why to this day i run the stock cat back exhaust on my car. I make well over 350whp/350torque on the stock cat back exhaust and i run CIA header + 3" catless dp.

again, i never said you were bullshiting at all about the Cobalt Specific Ark Catback exhaust, that's fine, they fuked up and screwed themselves out of a very large market. They should have done a full 3inch catback but I guess they got lazy and even fuked up the 2.5inch they did, shame on them because I was extremely happy with Ark catback on my last car and so was everybody else I knew on my previous car's various forums. It made the 2.0L N/A engine we had sound like a beast and it was dyno proven by a few various members on that forum. So again, shame on Ark for screwing Cobalt owners over when they have had better rep with another engine.

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
again, i never said you were bullshiting at all about the Cobalt Specific Ark Catback exhaust, that's fine, they fuked up and screwed themselves out of a very large market. They should have done a full 3inch catback but I guess they got lazy and even fuked up the 2.5inch they did, shame on them because I was extremely happy with Ark catback on my last car and so was everybody else I knew on my previous car's various forums. It made the 2.0L N/A engine we had sound like a beast and it was dyno proven by a few various members on that forum. So again, shame on Ark for screwing Cobalt owners over when they have had better rep with another engine.

Touche. A lot of people bad mouth the stock exhaust given to these cars but it really isn't as restrictive as some think. StreetDremz aka dont blink and I have proven that the stock exhaust can go a long way. Once you break the certain barrier there is a need or power to be gained from a 3" exhaust but in almost 90% of the cobalt/ion owners a full 3 inch exhaust is overkill. once you have a 3" catless dp and 3" full exhaust it's overkill. You need a lot of power to benefit or a turbo to gain from it.

rsx type-s + nitrous vs. ion redline- http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Ion-Redline-20psi-150shot_173306.htm
z06 vs. ion redline- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stTitcf4jRM

jw, why are you still on the stock exhaust

No need to change it? So why bother. All changing it does is make it sound like a pissed off bumble bee. It flows well enough.

StreetDreamz has had 3 builds on his car and all above 300whp. the last two of nitrous was over 400whp and the other one with tvs and nitrous was over 400whp. he runs the stock exhaust in the 2 video's above.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso