p.e. delay

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can someone explain to me exactly wat the p.e. delay in our cars is and how it effect our engine.. thnx

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
power enrichement dealy is the time it take from when u go WOT(wide open throttle) ti'll the time the ECm decides to add more fuel for maximum power...

so u floor it, ur a/f will be really lean, than after a few secons it will richen up to where it needs to be to get power...PE dealy sucks...stock 2.2's have it...really sucks, i think its a 5 second delay...i used to watch it on my wideband when i was waiting to install my sc...

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
power enrichement dealy is the time it take from when u go WOT(wide open throttle) ti'll the time the ECm decides to add more fuel for maximum power...

so u floor it, ur a/f will be really lean, than after a few secons it will richen up to where it needs to be to get power...PE dealy sucks...stock 2.2's have it...really sucks, i think its a 5 second delay...i used to watch it on my wideband when i was waiting to install my sc...

ok so the trifecta tune gets rid of it.. does it help the power band alot?

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, power is instant, vs there being a 5 second delay before it kicks in

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Night and day difference. You know how right now you have a spike at around 3k? Well that goes away because PEdelay is turned off, so you get your power "now" instead of 5 sec after you hit the pedal, which in 1st is roughly 3k.

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I confirmed this with my narrowband,1st and 2nd gear run lean and 3rd will finally richen up around 4500rpm,

Last edited:

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dam i cant believe i never heard about this til yesterday lol... only thing that sux is that the tuning people told me since i have 75 shot that i have to get a nitrous tune.. so my car will be slower all motor than before :( sux

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
dam i cant believe i never heard about this til yesterday lol... only thing that sux is that the tuning people told me since i have 75 shot that i have to get a nitrous tune.. so my car will be slower all motor than before :( sux

There is a way to have a nitrous and regular tune at the same time, its still being worked out though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso