Replacing my old Kia

brooker32

Reaction score
Hi all, first post here. I am looking to replace a 04 Spectra with possibly a 2006-2008 Colbalt or G5. Firstly, I can get a 2008 G5 with around 52K auto with most options for around $9500 taxes in, or I could get a 06 2 door Colbalt standard fully loaded with 80K for $7000 taxes in. What are some things to know about these models based on the kms? Do timing belts have to be replaced on these models like my Kia? What are the common things to be aware of? Thanks in advance.

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
try to stay away from auto unless you plan on doing forced induction on it or just want a daily driver/show car only.All motor Auto delta bodys are slow.And no timing belts,they are timing chains so they last quite a bit longer and in my experience never had to change one from stretching or breaking.Ive just normal oil changes with synthetic and basic tune up(fuel filter,spark plugs,air filter)I have 70,000 miles(112,654 KMS)and havehad no problems other than a failed synchro for 2nd gear which was covered by warranty,and the other recall items.Ive takin it on 4 long trips and she performed very well.

Last edited:

brooker32

Reaction score
I am not really concerned about the power or speed, mostly reliablity. I need it for work and I drive roughly 40-50 thousand a year. I was wondering mostly if these cars are going to hold up to that much driving without major issues. My Kia has lasted for 240,000 kms and it it still going however I have to start spending a lot into it.

jmarie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i say go for it, just basic needs. i am on 30K+ and its going strong... and its an 07. granted i dont drive as much as you or as much as i use to but i haven't had any problems.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
for reliability then get the auto power ratings are higher on the auto trans versus the manual on the base model

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson