Requesting a DIY for spark plug change/adjustment

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
I see where my plugs are in the LNF but I'm wondering about the black covers over them........do i unbolt them to access the plugs? That's my best guess but I want to be 110% sure b4 i go pulling things apart, i have a bad habit of not doing enough research then breaking parts and snapping because of it. I also have a bad habit of over-tightening things so a torque spec would be good to know as well, for the LNF spark plugs.

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes those are the coils.Take those off and the plugs are underneath

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
yes those are the coils.Take those off and the plugs are underneath

is there anyway to hurt the coils if one doesn't want to come off? does this mean the black boxes are very important and DO NOT BREAK THEM OR YOUR CAR WON'T RUN? :( I hate working on my car but I love it at the same time :rofl:

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
They pop out.take the harness off then unbolt it and pull.they slide right out and its really hard to **** em up.Ive pulled mine a million times

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
They pop out.take the harness off then unbolt it and pull.they slide right out and its really hard to **** em up.Ive pulled mine a million times

:) thank you, that makes me feel much better about doing this, i'm gunna check my gaps cause i'm at 34,000km and i drive like a bat outta hell ALOT. As well i've had a random misfire every few weeks, pops a code but i never really notice the misfire in my driving.

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ya im always checking my gaps and I clean them too with a wire brush and solvent but thats just me

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ya just go to a parts store and get like carb cleaner or something like that.no neccessary but I do it anyway

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie