saab 2.0 turbo kit swap to cobalt 2007 2.2

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or if the op wants...he can look at the hahn kit for a 2.4...that will also work

ZZP kit for the 2.4 is where i would go...get the water/air intercooling...def be better than the hahn or garret kit...

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ZZP kit for the 2.4 is where i would go...get the water/air intercooling...def be better than the hahn or garret kit...

So the zzp kit would work with my 2.2. So your saying i should be able to find this for $1999.99 without the intercooler. Wouldnt you want a intercooler with boost.

Garrett Cobalt GT Tuner Kit (Does not include intercooler) Does it come with the intercooler or not?
Was: $3199.99
Now: $1999.99

I would still need boost guage, air/fuel wideband, tranny cooler, tune, downpipe for any of these kits. I still think the kits are overpriced. The zzp stage 2 for my automatic comes out to $2800 + tax and shipping, tuning, aem air/fuel wideband, boost guage, tranny cooler, etc. This would put me around $3400 i would bet.

Last edited:

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zzp is ur best choice...it will fit

Still pricey for around $3400. I would need alot more parts after purchasing this kit to even get it on my 2007 auto, 2.2. I guess it might even be worth it to find a wrecked saab 2.0 9-3 turbo motor at a junk yard and swap all the pieces off onto my 2.2 and get a tune. If i were to piece together a kit it would never come to $3400 unless i built the motor, lol.

turbo $350
manifold $175
intercooler and piping 2.5" ebay $150
oil lines
injectors/harness $100 used off cobalt ss
air/fuel wideband guage $150
boost guage $40 ebay
tranny cooler $150 ebay
tune $300 trifecta
downpipe $200
bov $125 ebay

Last edited:

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the saab route will work too, and the ZZP kit will work aswell, just a few minor changes like u dont need any of their tunes...and i woudl get the intercooled version, but the non IC one will be fine too, u dont need a IC for low boost...but like i said i recommend starting with the IC version...its funner to run more boost

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the zzp is $1999

for stage 1 without intercooler and lots of other stuff. Its $200 for automatics. I would still need a wideband guage, boost guage and tune which would end up being $550 more on top off that price. Like jn2 said, its better to be intercooled so i would need the stage 2 which would put me around $3500 for everything like i stated above.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

the saab route will work too, and the ZZP kit will work aswell, just a few minor changes like u dont need any of their tunes...and i woudl get the intercooled version, but the non IC one will be fine too, u dont need a IC for low boost...but like i said i recommend starting with the IC version...its funner to run more boost

i would like to go to 10#'s and up more in the future so i will need the upgrades.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie