saab 2.0 turbo kit swap to cobalt 2007 2.2

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am trying to find the saab 2.0 turbo kit that i could swap to my cobalt 2.2. I was wondering if anyone would know of any junk yards that would have a wrecked saab with the 2.0 turbo kit. Also, would anyone suggest any other way of going turbo. I have seen kits on ebay but not sure if the parts are great. I know i would like a garret t25, or t3 super 60 with tial 38mm external wastegate. Definately a front mount intercooler with 2.5" piping and downpipe and 2.75" exhaust after the downpipe back to muffler. I would get a wideband gauge for tuning purposes. Definately a good bov and not a cheap knock off brand. I have around 2 g's to start gathering parts and wondering what my best way would be. Also, wondering if any locals around the dallas area or close would be interested to help me out with getting a kit and helping me install it.

thanks,

Josh

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's kits already made for the 2.2 cobalt's by garrett...

sorry cant afford 4 grand for the garrett kit. I can piece together a kit for half that price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAVA...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories $175 for manifold with external wastegate.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/pts/1332393637.html Garrett t3 super 60 - I think i should jump on this as this is a great price. With this, i wouldnt even need the external wastegate then or the tial 38mm so it would save money for sure. Already has the 6 psi spring which would be good to go.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/1360033487.html Tial 38mm with 11 psi spring for $125

Last edited:

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i posted a how to in the ls section on using the saab kit :p

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
silent u know they are proffiting out the ass right? cost of the garret kits dropped...a lot

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

If you’ve been putting off transforming the performance of your Cobalt, now is the time to move forward and drop 200 HP to the wheels!

Garrett Turbochargers is having a clearance sale on all four iterations of its highly-acclaimed turbocharger kit for the Chevy Cobalt.

HUGE price drops on kits ranging from the tuner setup Essentials kit, all the way to the bolt-on performance of the Alpha kit (2005-6 MT only) that includes tuning, fueling and everything you need.

All Garrett Cobalt kits feature a GT2860RS “Disco Potato” turbocharger, matched specifically for the stock 2.2L Ecotec for instant response and power handling. The cast exhaust manifold and downpipe meet the stock location to allow for any aftermarket exhaust.

Essentials-LR.jpg

Garrett Cobalt Essentials Kit
Was: $1899.99
Now: $999.99

EssentialsPlus-LR.jpg

Garrett Cobalt Essentials Plus Kit
Was: $2299.99
Now: $1399.99

GTTuner-LR.jpg

Garrett Cobalt GT Tuner Kit (Does not include intercooler)
Was: $3199.99
Now: $1999.99

The Garrett Cobalt GT Tuner Kit features a front mount intercooler with endhousings, all oil and water lines and OE-quality gunmetal powder coated charge air plumbing.

Alpha-LR.jpg

Garrett Cobalt Alpha Kit (2005-2006 Manual Transmission Cobalt LT and LS ONLY, does not include intercooler)
Was: $3499.99
Now: $2499.99

The Garrett Cobalt Alpha Kit features all of the above, plus a complete fueling and tuning solution to make this a truly complete solution.

Act fast, because these deals won’t last forever!

Check out www.TurboByGarrett.com for complete kit info and to find the nearest distributor.
OnEngine-LR.jpg

IMG_4631.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: All final pricing is set by our Garrett Performance Distributors. I can only set MSRP. I cannot quote what the final kit will cost.

found his post....

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah thats MSRP...so not a lot of website have updated to the new cost, i know a few ebay vendors did, but contact horsepowerfreaks, and ask them the cost of the kit, if they say 3grand ask them why garret msrp is less than that...if they dont wanna look or check, take ur money elsewhere

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie