saab 2.0 turbo kit swap to cobalt 2007 2.2

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eh...turbo would be funner than the sc, not to mentino cheaper insurance, no negative equity from trading in, and the fact that a base model just handed it to a SS...trust me, its priceless

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eh...turbo would be funner than the sc, not to mentino cheaper insurance, no negative equity from trading in, and the fact that a base model just handed it to a SS...trust me, its priceless

Heres my post on craigslist for a saab turbo kit but i doubt i will get any emails. I found a few complete engines on ebay for $900 but shipping would be alot.

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah u dont need the entire engnie, just the tubo parts, would be better to check
car-parts.com and find a local yunkyard u can go and pull parts from...they are called pick and pulls...

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah u dont need the entire engnie, just the tubo parts, would be better to check
car-parts.com and find a local yunkyard u can go and pull parts from...they are called pick and pulls...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/wan/1375429787.html

Thats my post on craigslist. I dont even know any good junk yards in dallas and not sure any of them would let you just pull off all the turbo parts as they probably would want you to buy the whole damm motor.

Jn2-what year saab 2.0 turbo engine parts will work. Is it 2003+ or 99+ and do i want the high compression engine parts or low compression. Just wondering which would be better.

Last edited:

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
03+ saab 9-3(any trim level, they are all eco's)
engine 2.0t
b207r or b207l will work

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
03+ saab 9-3(any trim level, they are all eco's)
engine 2.0t
b207r or b207l will work

the injectors and harness i will need off a cobalt ss correct or will saab injectors and harness work.

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no injectors and harness u need to get 42lbs injectors atleast

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no injectors and harness u need to get 42lbs injectors atleast

So i just need 42# or 60# injectors and harness from a cobalt ss. Would the 60# be better for me for more boost later on.

Also on the saab writeup page. I came across this.

2.4 intake manifold/Saab 9-3 intake manifold - So will either the saab 9-3 intake manifold or 2.4 intake manifold work?

Last edited:

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just need 42# or 60# injectors and repin to my stock harness. Is that what you are saying here.

Also on the saab writeup page. I came across this.

2.4 intake manifold/Saab 9-3 intake manifold - So will either the saab 9-3 intake manifold or 2.4 intake manifold work?

Jn2,

I found this ad while searching craigslist and its a wrecked 2004 9-3 turbo for parts. I am also emailing junk yards now asking for parts. So heres the parts i should be looking for off a saab 9-3 turbo car correct?

-Saab b207r turbo
-saab turbo manifold
-turbocharger oil/water lines(inc. banjo bolts)
-Saab turbocharger cold charge piping(for going under the engine)
-Saab intake manifold

I found this post on craigslist for parts.
http://sandiego.craigslist.org.html

I also found this on cobaltss.net about 2003-2005 cavalier wiring harness that will fit the 42# injectors but not the 60#s. Not sure if i should try and find stage 2 harness that will support the 60# injectors. Do you think the 42# will be enough for 10#s of boost or more.

Josh

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais