Shifter problems

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under my shifter there's a pin that keeps coming loose. When that happens I can't get my key out of the ignition. I know about the buuton under the steering column but it gets annoying to have to do that everytime. Also I can shift out of park without pushing on the gas pedal, or shift into reverse without pushing the pedal too. This makes it very dangerous to drive. Every time the pin comes loose I have to remove the coin tray and lift the shifter tray, stick my hand under the shifter and manually push the pin back into place

has this happened to anyone? Is there a fix to this?

Thanks

gCobalt05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My girl is having problems getting her key out of the ignition in her Ion too. Been giving her problems since shes had it. Its annoying to sit and wait for it to finally give you the darn key!

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
if you cant get it out there is a manuel release under the steering wheel, stick your finger in a small hole and feel for a coil, pull it up and the key comes out

ionit3

Platinum Member
Reaction score
theres a tsb for ION's if i believe correctly also some ION's have to get a new ignition housing (i think thats what it is) check ionforums.net/phpbb3 VERY common prob my ION has the same thing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie