So I need some opinions.......

They call me godly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So some of you may know I was wanting to get Headlights with custom Carbon Fiber housings. Cesar is going to attempt this for me, however I don't want to put him through all that work nor do I want to pay 300$ for something that isn't going to look good.

So do you guys think I should go ahead and do the CF housings ,which would be one of a kind and thats kind of why I want them, or should I go with white eyelids?

My second question is what do you all think the stock wheels powdercoated bronze would look like?

Should I powdercoat the stockers or should I just keep searching?

Heres a picture of what the powder coated stocks would look like:

ZachsBaltRoughBronzePS.jpg

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
i'm going to say ABSOLUTELY NO STi wheel copy, because that's what everybody will tell you, do them any color but STi copy'd bronze, even a variation of it will have ppl telling you that it's just copied from the STi........color matched to the Chevy Gold bowties? White?(<--my vote) black? DARK red? DARK blue?

As for the headlights, i'm gunna say you will always get ppl telling you it looks like rice(bad, meant as an insult mostly) have you seen the gen 4(it might be gen 5) headlights? IMO those are the most original aftermarket headlights available to our cobalts. I would also add that I have a pair of custom single projector retrofit headlights that I would take in trade for a set of gen 4's or 5's, i have to find them again, will post pics of mine and the Gen 4's or 5's whichever ppl call them.

This is the one I like the best, ZERO LED's FTMFW, those I think are the BEST looking aftermarket headlights available to us and I open this offer to anyone who wants a set of retrofit lights, buy me the lights in the link below and i'll send you my retrofit ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-0...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item25582addf1

Last edited:

They call me godly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm going to say ABSOLUTELY NO STi wheel copy, because that's what everybody will tell you, do them any color but STi copy'd bronze, even a variation of it will have ppl telling you that it's just copied from the STi........color matched to the Chevy Gold bowties? White?(<--my vote) black? DARK red? DARK blue?

As for the headlights, i'm gunna say you will always get ppl telling you it looks like rice(bad, meant as an insult mostly) have you seen the gen 4(it might be gen 5) headlights? IMO those are the most original aftermarket headlights available to our cobalts. I would also add that I have a pair of custom single projector retrofit headlights that I would take in trade for a set of gen 4's or 5's, i have to find them again, will post pics of mine and the Gen 4's or 5's whichever ppl call them.

This is the one I like the best, ZERO LED's FTMFW, those I think are the BEST looking aftermarket headlights available to us and I open this offer to anyone who wants a set of retrofit lights, buy me the lights in the link below and i'll send you my retrofit ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-0...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item25582addf1

I'm gonna do them in the color in the picture. Close to STi bronze or not, it looks good. I'm NOT doing black wheels they are to overdone, i'm not doing white wheels because it just wouldn't go right with the look I want for the car. CF accents with Bronze wheels is gonna look sexy IMO.

As for the headlights, i'm probably gonna just go with the eyelids. I can't stand projectors, they are nothing but rice IMO, People put them in to be "different" but they are in like every other cobalt you see. As far as the Gen 4's go, yes they do look alot better then any other generation, but by the time summer rolls around your gonna have seen so many cobalts with them you'll never want to see them again.

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still gonna try the the cf housing on the stock headlights. So I'll let you know ok. I think they're gonna come out looking good

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
As far as the Gen 4's go, yes they do look alot better then any other generation, but by the time summer rolls around your gonna have seen so many cobalts with them you'll never want to see them again.

Maybe down where you live, I don't see very many cobalts with anything done to them, they exist but not many around here.

They call me godly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe down where you live, I don't see very many cobalts with anything done to them, they exist but not many around here.

There isn't many around here either, i'm talking on websites and all. I guarantee by Summer there is at LEAST 10 people (or more) with Gen 4's

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso