some cam ?'s

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i got a couple ?'s about the comp cam. i got an 07 cobalt lt.. now i heard that they are not a bolt on thing thast u actually have to get the intake cma resized a bit and that u have to press on something from the head.. wat exactly do i need to do to get the cams to work? and if i cam my cobalt can i still run spray w/o blowing it up ?

camopaint0707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only the exhaust side fits, I just had a set that I returned, call comp cams and ask them, they will tell you no one makes cams for the 2007 cobalt. You need to remove about 1.5 inches because that how much longer the other camshaft is

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only the exhaust side fits, I just had a set that I returned, call comp cams and ask them, they will tell you no one makes cams for the 2007 cobalt. You need to remove about 1.5 inches because that how much longer the other camshaft is
yea thaqt shouldnt be a problem. i can take it to a machine shop

camopaint0707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats gonna be a bitch to install then, i don't even know how you would begin to tune for that, and if you screw one little part up that could ruin the whole engine, but good luck to you, maybe I would have done that if the cost for that wouldn't have been astronomical

huckernage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the installation is easy to do if you using JTOOL
tune is harder to get ''sur la coche'' in my case. every car are differents. tom tuned is not made for my car same if we are almost same 7up

by rotation with a wrench, you will feel any touch of a valve on a piston.
we ve rotated about two full rotation before to instal valve cover back

sloancallaway

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i got a couple ?'s about the comp cam. i got an 07 cobalt lt.. now i heard that they are not a bolt on thing thast u actually have to get the intake cma resized a bit and that u have to press on something from the head.. wat exactly do i need to do to get the cams to work? and if i cam my cobalt can i still run spray w/o blowing it up ?

do you have the a link as to where a person could buy these cams

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso