stock 2.4 naturally aspirated to turbo or supercharged?

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you're asking 13000 for a 2.4, you're insane. if he's trying to trade you, there's something wrong with the car. i don't know anyone in their right mind that would want a less powered engine and the same car

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you're asking 13000 for a 2.4, you're insane. if he's trying to trade you, there's something wrong with the car. i don't know anyone in their right mind that would want a less powered engine and the same car

His is 08. The ss is 06. Mileage factors in aswell as the year. But he def needs to go over the ss with a fine tooth comb

I sent this thru the Intranet™

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
doesn't matter if he's an 08 or not. i've seen ss/tc's with less than 30k miles go for less than 12. i picked up my 08 2.2 for 6700 and only had 42k on it.. 2.4 are not really any different than the 2.2's other than the body package, a couple horsepower and interior stuff. definitely not worth double what my car was when it was stock.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see your point. Mines has 12k miles on a gm stage 2 supercharger. 2007 . Got it for 15500. I found it very clean and extended warranty

09turboLT

Reaction score
I would have agree with Bank on this one. Most would not trade a boosted motor with a stronger bottom end unless something was wrong. Personally I went with a zzp kit. I installed their stage 2 kit and trifecta tune a couple weeks ago on my 2.2 and have a grin every time I drive it. As for the bottom end, the parts are available to build it up for more boost, and for the most part a 2.4 would be slightly easier as zzp has a base tune for a 2.4 to run on until OP could get to a hp tuner guy or trifecta.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All our blocks are the same. No cobalt is easier or harder to rebuild

09turboLT

Reaction score
yeah the block is the same was talking mostly about rods. I was under the impression that the SS/SC and SS/TC came with stronger rods.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2.4 also came with internals good up to 400

Very good info to know. Now im gonna threadjack for 1 question. Im going to drop a turbo kit on my sc. When I do. Will I be able to transfer all my sc stuff to a 2.4 or 2.2 without too much hassle? If so which is easier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie