Thank u GM

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah. This isn't a ecotec issue rather a bolt breaking. Than failing to get it out

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

1256911417.jpg

That's what it looked like at first. Now it's all fucked up, a new bolt was threaded into the old one...it's a fucking mess...

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah I know :p Ima try and just cross tread a new bolt thru it. Hope that works.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well **** me sideways and call me jn2...I'm so pissed..broke a intake manifold bolt. The one on the far left, helps seal cylinder #1....yeah broke, and I let someone use a bolt extracter to get it out whole I went and got a new bolt. Came back to a bolt that had a hole thru it. Wasn't centered. So it stripped the head. And ontop of that he tried to rethread the head using another bolt. And it wasn't even straight. So today I have to run a self tapping bolt thru it and hope I don't have to remove the manifold again. I get a major boost leak at 12psi...no matter the gear. It will sputter when it should hit 13psi...

I broke one of mine off when I put a TB bolt into where a manifold bolt shoulda gone, use a "heal a coil" kit, works great and its not too bad to do if you take your time.

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I picked the spiral looking thread inserts. Ended up just redrilling and tapping he original hole. Worked perfectly. Now I other problem...I think I may be madding out my injectors or something. Bc in every gear at 5k rpm it sputters like hell and leans the **** out. Fucking great. I fix my boost problem. Only to run into lean issues again. It's he dyno all over. Gunna re check my fuel pressure and if it's good than order me some 60's and sell my 42's

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shoulda started with 60s man.. u know this!1

well 42's should be enought o handle a 2.8", haza was running 42's on his 2.8 and we're in the same city, same conditions, same engines, same tuner :p

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

plus i think i found my problem:

P0122
P0171
P0223
P1682

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found my problem, well narrowed it down to the injectors being max'd out, or the tune is off......everything else has been cleared...so upgrading to 60's should cover all my problems...if their max'd injector, it wont matter bc ill have all new ones, if its in the tune it wont matter bc ill be retuned for 60's...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso