The E85 Craze...

sfwg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no hes gonna just put it in his gas tank and hope for the best then hes trying deisel made from fryer grease next...:emotions122:

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats bad ass man is your system going to support e85 though

Yeah. From what I am aware of, there isn't much really needed to support e85. Obviously a tune. I'll more than likely have to swap my Fuel Pump for something else - probably the Bosch 044 (I think that's the model), and then I'm probably going to need bigger injectors. Unless I pick up a Hahn "Portfueler" Manifold, or what its called with the extra row of injectors.

sloancallaway

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:think: Wut?

Current mods are a 50trim Turbo w/ 60# inj.

When I get home, it'll be a 54 to 60trim DBB Turbo w/ 80# inj.

sorry about that last one retarded post I was on my blackberry and I wasnt paying attention and having a conversation with the fiance lol but ya I was just wondering what mods you are currently running and if you had forged internals. Anyways keep us posted with your results

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

no hes gonna just put it in his gas tank and hope for the best then hes trying deisel made from fryer grease next...:emotions122:

how .net of you, I dont think it is an unreasonable question to ask if his system (ie fuel system) would support it because I didnt think the stock fuel pump would support more then 60lb injectors...

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah... the stock fuel pump doesn't seem to support more than 350whp or so on a Supercharged car.

But Injectors seem to go further on a Turbo car for some reason, so I'd assume that the same might be true of the pump. Iono, we'll see. I was thinking about switching to a Return Style system... we'll see. Time will tell. More specifically, it all depends on how long I am in Iraq, and how much longer I stay on Active Duty... because that is a huge source of extra income for me. Once I'm done here... extra income goes bye-bye.

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wonder how this would compare to high octane race gas

I've heard mixed reports. In some cases it has been able to dyno higher numbers... and in others not as high of numbers.

I think it just depends on the set-up and the tuner, I would assume.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i dont feel like driving to dallas to get fuel everytime so ill have to pass until more stations here locally have it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie