This weekend fun

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
u know cavs have been this for yrs..
you know gm tested and at 252whp the rods blew out the bottom of the block right?
i dont care what cavis have done, if someone says the catistrophic failure point is at ____whp then im not testing the waters :lol: which is why when i redo the head here soon im replacing the rods too
just cheap insurance i guess, when you put that much money into something, it would suck for a fairly cheap (in the long run) part to have damaged it all....

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know gm tested and at 252whp the rods blew out the bottom of the block right?
i dont care what cavis have done, if someone says the catistrophic failure point is at ____whp then im not testing the waters :lol: which is why when i redo the head here soon im replacing the rods too
just cheap insurance i guess, when you put that much money into something, it would suck for a fairly cheap (in the long run) part to have damaged it all....

i can understand that. the cavis have had 2.2s since 04. thats plenty of time to get a real feel for a car i think.

warrenb213

Reaction score
i rarely come on to the cobalt forums in general...

but when i do, i always get a kick out of the folks that point out the 250hp mark. you folks do realize the 250 mark was set by GM doing a nitrous test? aka, one of the most harsh manners to create power?

a well tuned turbo or s/c cobalt can see 250hp no issue.

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score

but when i do, i always get a kick out of the folks that point out the 250hp mark. you folks do realize the 250 mark was set by GM doing a nitrous test? aka, one of the most harsh manners to create power?

i run a 100 shot of spray alllllll day wit no problems... so i say **** GM :rofl:... by the way wat did the civic have dun?

elecblue06

Full Access Member
Reaction score

precisely.. not to mention it's trq that breaks things.. not hp

stenguyen1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i run a 100 shot of spray alllllll day wit no problems... so i say **** GM :rofl:... by the way wat did the civic have dun?

really not sure all i know was he had a cut out, intake, header, and a honda data self tune. so when we raced and he didn't like the run he would change up his tune than run me again. and by the 5 or so race i had heat soak.

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
really not sure all i know was he had a cut out, intake, header, and a honda data self tune. so when we raced and he didn't like the run he would change up his tune than run me again. and by the 5 or so race i had heat soak.
yea his shit ran pretty decent... cuz i cleaned up a bunch of si's wit bolt ons and a k pro

UncleDave

Reaction score
Just Bought a 2010 Stripped down Cobalt. Had Cruise Control added. It does not have Positive feedback for being engaged. Will take getting used to. I am Retired from Boston, and am now living in Colorado, near Pikes Peak; 8,500 Feet. I am looking for Hard Numbers on MPG testing. The K&N air filter. What are the effects of Altitude on MPG. Testing is going to be difficult, there not being much straightaways at this altitude. Poor engine response due to Altitude, vs. Less air drag. Could be a wash, but Hard Numbers would be nice. "Nice" does not tell me anything.

The K&N air filter has to be cleaned. While doing that, one is inspecting the engine; and the value of one might find could make it worth it.

I used to have a VW TDI. I put on a NAPA stick on block heater. It made for much better neigbour relations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup