Toyota

utsadude

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i thought i was completely confused and was reading it wrong, that's scary but still, don't ppl know how to use the brake pedal? putting it into neutral? park? or the BEST choice, TURN IT OFF!!!!......................do ppl forget about that?

Some people panic. If you were the kind of person who gets freaked out really easily by danger, you might not think about those options when in a dangerous situation like that.

70 'Cuda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I love my Toyota... I have no complaints about the car.... but then again... it is a 1993 Camry... so it is a little bit older... but it gets the job done!

As for the recall, at least they are owning up to it and doing something about it unlike Ford and the Pinto.....

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
i had a 1986 toyota corolla 4dr 5spd and i beat the piss outta that car and it ran SOLID, to date the next owner after me still has it and it still runs SOLID with well over 200,000km

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to the guys mentioning turn it off.. i heard someone discussing this the other day and they were saying that since its a malfunction i believe sometimes if they try to turn the car off it just stays on cuz its already an electric issue as is.. so if u turn the key the car's still on.

hence why people keep hitting stuff.

pitsnipe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is what happens when you let computers control what you can do your self. there is no good reason to have dive by wire. i had a 1978 chevy c-10. the only power option on that truck was power steering, and that was added on to it by a previous owner. my wife said that she felt bad for me that my car doesn't have power windows, mirrors or locks, (we added power locks soon after buying the car for safety and for when we have the kids with the car). i dont have a problem with it, it makes every thing so much simpler to use and replace. ive never had a problem with manual any thing, but ive had problems with power locks, windows, seat belts, mirrors, and automatic transmissions.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
to the guys mentioning turn it off.. i heard someone discussing this the other day and they were saying that since its a malfunction i believe sometimes if they try to turn the car off it just stays on cuz its already an electric issue as is.. so if u turn the key the car's still on.

hence why people keep hitting stuff.

damnnnnnnnnnnn that's fucked up, what about changing gears to park or neutral? would it stay in gear anyway? if so WTF???!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!? BAD TOYOTA!!!! BAD!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie