Tranny mount problems

dunit121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i have had this car for almost 10k miles. and this is the third time ive had problems with the bolts on the tranny mount coming loose. so today i was checking them and i noticed one snapped. half the bolt came out and the other half is stuck in the tranny mount... is there a way to get this bolt out easly?

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
jack, wood on top, support engine, use a screw driver or something (if you are talking the one that passes through)
other wise youll have to use an easy out

thats not good though...breaking bolts is baddddd news

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rem ove the mount, use vice grip to turn the bolt out, and replace, i recommend u use some stranger bolts from now on...some grade12 bolts should suffice

dunit121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i should of been more specific the bolt is snapped and i got the half out on the outside but the inside half is stuck in there

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right remove the other bolts, than remove the tranny mount, leave the brocken piece...should still slide the mount out, than once that is done, use vice grips to remove the inside piece

dunit121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right remove the other bolts, than remove the tranny mount, leave the brocken piece...should still slide the mount out, than once that is done, use vice grips to remove the inside piece

is that at all hard to do? and can the car stay on the floor i dont have ajack or stands atm

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

and also does anyone know how long the bolts are? and how wide? i just want all the specs so when i go to get them i get the right ones... and also if i get a locking washer will this create too much space between the bolt and mount and case issues?

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

bump

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u need a jack and 2x4 to help sustain the engine up....than remove the other remaining bolts from the engine, remove the tranny mount, remove ur brocken bolt, than replace it...and put it all back together...

dunit121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn i dont have all the tools for that ... it should be covered under warantee though right?

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yuup, long as you still have a warranty, it should be covered, dont touch it, drive in say its been driving and idling rough, and feels like the engine is slamming against the car, than show them the head of the bolt and sayu found it on the grass in your driveway and u dont know if its from the car or not

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie