Transmission Slipping?

DJ-rb

Reaction score
Sadly it was the transmission... Hope this post will be of some use to a future cobalt driver :)

Transmission is being rebuilt now...

If it lasts another 100,000 and the engine can keep up that would be awesome lol...

DJ-rb

Reaction score
That's a negative lol $2171.72

Rebuilt Torque Converter, replaced a solenoid and a few other things

Jennegerter

Reaction score
Problem

Unfortunately disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes didn't seem to do a whole lot...I did have CEL thats now gone, hasn't come back yet...couldn't pull it because Garmin EcoRoute HD's are Crap (wont connect right over bluetooth) and Local AutoParts stores temporarily don't pull them because some idiot sued one of them for something related to a CEL
It does seem to be a bit better...but its still "soft" on acceleration. Does fine on the interstate,

Had no other option but to drive it 160 miles round trip to get my grandmothers car to drive for a few days, upon getting back it seemed a bit better, by no means cured, but better.... it has finally stopped raining so if it was anything water related it should be drying up... who knows... I am gonna take it to be inspected tomorrow... will gladly try any suggestions anyone might have.

If it was a computer related issue, should the battery trick have sorted that out or could it still take a few drive cycles to clear up any troubles that may have been jump start related?

Just FYI the Lady who's Cadillac I jump started experienced "Engine Power Reduced" and ABS and Traction Warning Lights and said her power steering was funny feeling thats what led me to believe it was related, for the record I did NOT connect the batteries directly (red/red black/black) My Car was Positive on the little terminal under the hood and grounded on the bolt of the shock tower, had hers the same way....always do it that way and never had any troubles but dang...it was raining during this process so the area under the hood did get rained on, again leading me to believe it could be an electrical problem due to water being where it shouldn't or possibly a side effect of the jumpstart with hers experiencing issues as well..

Thanks again for all the help BankDude since you seem to be the only one here....

Were you able to figure out what the problem is?
My car just started doing this last night!
2009 Chev cobalt LT
Stopped at a red light then bam wouldn't go anywhere without flooring it, it drives on L, I and reverse but drive you need to floor it!

Anyways if you did get it fixed would you mind letting me know what it was, and roughly how much it cost to fix it?!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais