trifecta help plz

huckernage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and itll give me a better power band .. remove seepd limiter and pe delay, and move rpm to 720o rpms right anything else ?

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

thats wats up.. how would i do that?

send a PM to trifecta. he is in better position to answer you.

you car wont be the same after normal tune. i hated when a honshit passed me cause i block at 172km/hr

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
send a PM to trifecta. he is in better position to answer you.

you car wont be the same after normal tune. i hated when a honshit passed me cause i block at 172km/hr

wat do u mean after a normal tune ? yea honestly i just wanna keep up with a bone stock si all motor lol

Sully

Reaction score
I'll agree with Huckernace on most everything he is saying. I wouldnt ecpetct to see more than 7 max hp out of the tunes, bt you should shave about a half a second of your 1/4times. As far as revlimiter and such, yes that can be removed.

Tuning for nitrous depends on the type of shot (i know you said you are running wet but i want to clear things up for ya) that you are running as well as the size. With a dry shot, your cars fuel injectors supply the needed increase in fuel and must be tuned accordingly. If you run the same tune without the nitrous you simply are WAY too rich and the car will run like crap and MPG will drop like a rock. With a wet shot (definitely the safer route) the fuel is pumped to a sized jet and injected in the same spot as the nitrous. The size of the jets itself is what does the tuning for AFRs. You will need to retard your timing different amounts at different rpms to be safe. That retard is from the max timing though. The reason you can run a 50 shot on your stock tune and not worry too much is that GM doesn't push the timing way up to where is the max. When you go with a custom tune like trifecta the afr's and the timing are adjusted to be at the best setting for your car with your modification. From that point to add nitrous in the mix could be ok or could be fatal for your car. You are better to yank 2 or 3 degrees and be safe. There is also more power to be had from retarding the timing. You start knocking any and the car is going to pull timing like its nothing. So if you pull 3 and runn fine, its better than not pulling any and the car pulling 10. Make sense? Also with your nitrous setup, you need to tune the jets sizes in as well. The numbers the manufacturer gave you for jet sizing is just a general guidline. If you want to get 50 at the wheels and be safe as possible, get on a dyno and tune em in. You can street tune em if you have a wideband or a data logging device like your trifecta dealer has. Start small and step them up as you know the car is ready for it. I run a 150shot wet on my LIncoln LS and when I first started tuning it I had jets for 25rwhp. I only got 20, and my afrs werent right. I have since tuned em in all the way and have my afrs where I want them and an actual 150 horse at the wheels.

I think its funny that your in florida and the people helping you are trifecta guys from Ontario (me) and Quebec (Huck)

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll agree with Huckernace on most everything he is saying. I wouldnt ecpetct to see more than 7 max hp out of the tunes, bt you should shave about a half a second of your 1/4times. As far as revlimiter and such, yes that can be removed.

Tuning for nitrous depends on the type of shot (i know you said you are running wet but i want to clear things up for ya) that you are running as well as the size. With a dry shot, your cars fuel injectors supply the needed increase in fuel and must be tuned accordingly. If you run the same tune without the nitrous you simply are WAY too rich and the car will run like crap and MPG will drop like a rock. With a wet shot (definitely the safer route) the fuel is pumped to a sized jet and injected in the same spot as the nitrous. The size of the jets itself is what does the tuning for AFRs. You will need to retard your timing different amounts at different rpms to be safe. That retard is from the max timing though. The reason you can run a 50 shot on your stock tune and not worry too much is that GM doesn't push the timing way up to where is the max. When you go with a custom tune like trifecta the afr's and the timing are adjust to be at the best setting for your car with your modification. From that point to add nitrous in the mix could be ok or could be fatal for your car. You are better to yank 2 or 3 degrees and be safe. There is also more power to be had from retarding the timing. You start knocking any and the car is going to pull timing like its nothing. So if you pull 3 and runn fine, its better than not pulling any and the car pulling 10. Make sense? Also with your nitrous setup, you need to tune the jets sizes in as well. The numbers the manufacturer gave you for jet sizing is just a general guidline. If you want to get 50 at the wheels and be safe as possible, get on a dyno and tune em in. You can street tune em if you have a wideband or a data logging device like your trifecta dealer has. Start small and step them up as you know the car is ready for it. I run a 150shot wet on my LIncoln LS and when I first started tuning it I had jets for 25rwhp. I only got 20, and my afrs werent right. I have since tuned em in all the way and have my afrs where I want them and an actual 150 horse at the wheels.

I think its funny that your in florida and the people helping you are trifecta guys from Ontario (me) and Quebec (Huck)

ok ok it all makes sense now .. i didnt no that wen u run nitrous the motor retards the timing itself.. it just suck that i cant capitalize on all the power my car can make all motor. but i talked to my tuner and he told me he will talk to vince on tuesday to see if they can make me to tunes and get me a ez cable. since i dont have cruise control and traction control to run the switchable tune

huckernage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok ok it all makes sense now .. i didnt no that wen u run nitrous the motor retards the timing itself.. it just suck that i cant capitalize on all the power my car can make all motor. but i talked to my tuner and he told me he will talk to vince on tuesday to see if they can make me to tunes and get me a ez cable. since i dont have cruise control and traction control to run the switchable tune

push rear window defrost lol he should be able to do it.

you can have a message say ''redbull mode'' ''grandma mode'' in your cluster. with that you will be sure that you are on NOS tune :rofl:

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
push rear window defrost lol he should be able to do it.

you can have a message say ''redbull mode'' ''grandma mode'' in your cluster. with that you will be sure that you are on NOS tune :rofl:
holy shit for real !! that would be awesome ! could my dealer do that ?

huckernage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you are in FL im sure you never use defrost.

on TC infinboost tuned. the message is competitive mode

ask him if it possible we never know. he always surprised me with things like that

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you are in FL im sure you never use defrost.

on TC infinboost tuned. the message is competitive mode

ask him if it possible we never know. he always surprised me with things like that

yea i never use it lol... 80 degree in winter.. but that would be mad cool if he could do that for me... so i should go thru vince then ? instead of this other tuner down here ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso