Trifecta switchable tune review

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How much does this tune cost normally. Ill be in WA for the tuneing.

wardzach2007

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hands down, the best bang for the buck I've ever spent...

Might want to put a lock on the tune to keep the mechanics from exploiting your rubber...:)

IMG_1703.jpg

How do you unlock it once you lock it?

wardzach2007

Super Moderator
Reaction score
go to his intro post hes got a key its a great idea

Oh, so that's what the second key hole was for.

My buddy with a GTI has his tune on his car. He has what they call "Valet mode".

He presses a few buttons on his stock steering wheel before he turns on his car and boom... The car can't go over 20 MPH.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, so that's what the second key hole was for.

My buddy with a GTI has his tune on his car. He has what they call "Valet mode".

He presses a few buttons on his stock steering wheel before he turns on his car and boom... The car can't go over 20 MPH.

Thats awesome! I want! lol

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

go to his intro post hes got a key its a great idea

Well then.....I just might do this :D

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Thats awesome! I want! lol

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Well then.....I just might do this :D

2x both the above replies!!!!!!!!! I've heard of the Valet mode b4, there was a BMW in town here that had Data logging and a heavily modified BMW he took to a BMW dealership for something and they immediately took it for a joy ride around the block before the car had warmed up at all and they did so a 2nd time later. The guy took the data log to the manager and I'm not sure how much further he took it but they would have had to rebuild his entire engine if not replace it for what they did to it........I like the idea for having my tune on a separate key and especially valet mode because eventually my car will be a track car only and won't see the street anymore.....I think I will apply it to the Diesel truck I end up getting 2-3 years down the road, I imagine I will have quite a bit of upgraded dumped into it before it even hits the street off the lot lol.

wantedSS/TC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great review man :) I wouldn't be going between stock and tuned myself as my Cobalt has become a Track Whore only and is permanently off the street. Question for you and one that needs to be answered month by month, how does the clutch feel? Will you be needing to replace the stock one asap? 1 month? 2 months? 6 months? I do recall some people having issues with stock clutches not holding the potential power that could be gained from a custom tune. A tune is #4 on my list of upgrades for my Cobalt, #1 is stripping my interior down about 80%, #2 is tires(Kuhmo XS 245/35/R18), #3 is a rear swaybar(OTTP hardcore swaybar), and hopefully a tune can stay at #4, if a clutch is needed then tune gets moved to #5. I am very excited to see more and more ppl getting their LNF's tuned up, you guys are doing an amazing job testing out all the different tunes available and helping me to see where the LNF's weakpoints are. I also need to watch as many Koni Challange series races to see what weakpoints they have found as well.

Don't worry about stripping your interior down - it's made of plastic anyways so the weight savings won't be that great. I remove the spare tire, carpet and subwoofer when I go to the track. I've ran 12.9 @ 111.6 on my old tune (300/365wtq).

Here's what your list should be:

1. Downpipe - get before you tune or say goodbye to your stock cats since they'll clog. Get catless downpipe.
2. KN air filter with airbox mod
3. Charge Pipes
4. Tune
5. Tires
6. Clutch

Don't worry about the clutch so much bro. I've been tuned to 395w/tq and it only slips from WOT below 3k. 3> and I'm okay. Been that way for 3 months now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie