TTR Rear Sway Bar....

Status
Not open for further replies.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm....I think people should take off their bars, not neccisarily just TTR ones. So we can see if its happening across the board or just the TTR product.

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm....I think people should take off their bars, not neccisarily just TTR ones. So we can see if its happening across the board or just the TTR product.
i am taking mine this weekend

we will see what has been done to mine :p
but i have a feeling seeing these that the nitto's may have worked it over a bit :p

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm...I agree with yelloweye, I would like to know if it is just TTR or different brands also..

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i am taking mine this weekend

we will see what has been done to mine :p
but i have a feeling seeing these that the nitto's may have worked it over a bit :p

Those tires do tend to make the suspension work a bit, especially the anti-sway part :lol:

Curious that the bar shown in pics is all rusty and nasty...wth?

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

hmmm...I agree with yelloweye, I would like to know if it is just TTR or different brands also..

Fixored.....again...

M-Dub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are only 2 bars out there made of the correct materials...

OTTP and eibach are made out of chromalloy and only OTTP has the bolts that go through the bar and not a tab welded to the bar!

Reaction score
There are only 2 bars out there made of the correct materials...

OTTP and eibach are made out of chromalloy and only OTTP has the bolts that go through the bar and not a tab welded to the bar!

Chromolly bends also, actually only a few % more than our material choice. How do you think they get the product in the shape it is in?

It takes 20 ton, 40,000 lbs to form our bar, under normal conditions this should not happen.

Look at what the bar looks like, that is why we are asking the user to PM us and he has NOT yet...

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Also, keep this in mind, for this bar to be bent 4" the rear trailing arm would also be bent this far. The two are connected together, the sway bar is stronger than the trailing arm, so the trailing arm would be bent more. This is why we need to see this in person to figure this out.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Chromolly bends also, actually only a few % more than our material choice. How do you think they get the product in the shape it is in?

It takes 20 ton, 40,000 lbs to form our bar, under normal conditions this should not happen.

Look at what the bar looks like, that is why we are asking the user to PM us and he has NOT yet...

I totally see where you're coming from, a bar should never look like that and more importantly shouldn't permanently bend that far.

So how is it the bar was bent? Wheel travel on these cars is quite a bit of distance but by no means can you exert the 20 tons needed to form the bar...

Reaction score
I totally see where you're coming from, a bar should never look like that and more importantly shouldn't permanently bend that far.

So how is it the bar was bent? Wheel travel on these cars is quite a bit of distance but by no means can you exert the 20 tons needed to form the bar...

We want to know how it was bent that far, it seems impossible. and honestly it is NOT a full photo shot, so who knows if it is! We need to have them member contact us and we can help him out. He has not contact us.

See part #2 above, it is impossible for it to be this bent.

M-Dub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
instead of how I feel.... I'll let the guy who really knows this stuff say it best...

the basic issue is one of metals and their properties. You just cant wriggle out of the truth. Mild steel is so very cheap dont you think auto manufacturers would use it if they could?

It doesnt matter how much force you need to bend a bar beyond its elasticity to form it. It is what happens to it in its daily torsional application.
Thats why steel is so righteous to guote the article. You must use correct materials for the application. Eibach do. Hotchkiss do. OTTP does...If you dont?

I guess thats why you all are getting the reaction right here.

Reaction score
instead of how I feel.... I'll let the guy who really knows this stuff say it best...

Rear trailing arm is solid mild steel... Ours is a higher carbon conent that that steel, which means it is stronger yet. The rear trailing arm bends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso