Turbo 2.2 using other factory kits

Reaction score
seriously???? how do i remove the restrictor?

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

and how would you draw oil from the oil pan? a pump? and when did they start using a restrictor, i got a head off of a cavy not a cobalt on it

galley plug will be used for the line going to the turbo.
i didn't explain this well my bad. i meant to say return not draw.
then you will use the oil pan to return.
main galley are has pressure and you don't want that when returning it.
no pump need for that though.

however all ecotecs have the restriction in the head

Last edited:

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the way i ran it before i had the feed line goin from the back of the block to the turbo but then the turbo manifold was in the way then i ran it from the head to the turbo and it seemed to run fine. but yea, i do got the return line going into my oil pan. if the new manifold im gettin wont be in way of the galley plug on the block im relocating it back there

PSHHH

Reaction score
i thought someone said the lnf turbo parts wont bolt to the 2.2? someone had pics on css trying to do it and the manifold didnt even match up.

elecblue06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought someone said the lnf turbo parts wont bolt to the 2.2? someone had pics on css trying to do it and the manifold didnt even match up.

yea .. someone was talking about this.. however their flanges line up .. assuming the treadstone manifold is truely for the lnf.. I did a photoshop over lay of the LBP header flange, an ecotec flange and the treadstone manifold and they all lined up perfectly

the only thing i could think of is maybe they tried using a standard K04 turbo instead of the LNF one and the turbo side flange didn't bolt up

Luislopez1021

Reaction score
can the LNF be done on a 2.2 L61?

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

And would it be possible to put a twin turbo instead?

Just wondering, im brand new to the cobalt and i want to make this thing as powerful as possible

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais