Votes: 13 68.4%
  • TVS

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I <3 Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i priced a hahn turbo kit with everything to do it plus the piggy back for the ecm and it was only like 2500 bucks

:xmasorlyflag: Whaaaaaaaat!!! where!! let me kno A.S.A.P!

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

mike do both! hahaha

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

mike talk to brian at slowboy im sure he could hook u up

yea im going to take to them soon but i want to get the money first so they kno im serious..

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

TVS = Winnar

it is a simple swap, i did one already and it was cake. plus all i really need is the tvs because i already have the basic parts to run it. ill just have to do a can tune until i get the meth and duel pass..... still thinking about what path i should take. also if i go tvs im try'n to find out how to quiet the exhaust note down a lil....im looking at the 18" magnaflow resonators, the one i have on my car now is generic and its going bad as we speak lol.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

also my friend told me that this is a bad i idea
http://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_ion/products1.php?id=971&catid=143
he said that if i put this on cylinder # 4 will go because of the unstable air flow. if theirs anyone that did this let me kno because if its safe for a certain amount of whp this will save me $600.00.

09kobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it was on css.net........ hahn vendor site i told them i was a member and they sent me a pm stating which kit i would need and how much

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can do a full turbo installation in about 8-10 hours....i started on a saturday around noon and my half way point was around 4pm. the next day i started around 10am and was out on the road around 3pm...

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup turbo installs are fast, especially if its a kit, shouldnt take more than 8-12hrs pending your mechanical know how, and the man power available, oh and tools, **** i hate when i have the tool, but loaned it out....than have to track it down

I <3 Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh and plus my price was for the 2.2 lol btw

thought so. anyhow the problem im having is how to tap for the oil lines. i dont think i want to try that myself, as for the rest of the turbo kit it should be cake to put it together. my other problem is who the hell makes charge piping for the lsj? hahn is too much $$$ for just piping.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd go turbo. Granted I'm biased since that's been my plan since about a week after I bought the car, but really a turbo install wont take more than a weekend really, just get some friends to help out and you're golden.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so i just did a price build for both annnnnnnnd!

total turbo build $2,461.00 and to be safe $2,800.00

total tvs build $2,914.59

now the only thing is for the turbo build i cant find who makes charge piping. only hahn and there price is stupid high, ill be better off with a custom piping but i really dont want to go that route. anyone kno who makes them of the lsj?

You'd be best off going with the custom piping route, I havn't seen any prebent sets for the LSJ because it depends on what turbo and which intercooler you get. If you were closer to CIA I would recommend going there for your piping...come to think of it they might have a template for the LSJ...might want to look into that.

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

thought so. anyhow the problem im having is how to tap for the oil lines. i dont think i want to try that myself, as for the rest of the turbo kit it should be cake to put it together. my other problem is who the hell makes charge piping for the lsj? hahn is too much $$$ for just piping.

Heres a little how to for those oil lines, stolen from Garrett's site:

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbo..._Essentials_Kit_Installation_Instructions.pdf

I know they supply a "guide" of sorts for drilling your hole, but if you can hold a drill straight it shouldnt be that bad. Or you can talk to them about getting just the guide piece for cheap (or ask somebody that bought the garrett or hahn kit and still has that guide)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais