USMCFieldMP's Turbo Build Thread

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vulcan slippin wit their manifold?
not anymore, it used to be the coating was always crap, but that has been resolved...all products now are nice coated, not like pictured above where spots looked more like overspray

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
build looks good, except for that intake manifold :emotions122: we have a new guy(well not so new anymore) doing the coating now, looks 100x better than the one who did yours...that was not the first time that guy made vulcan take back a part for bad coating...had to replace him....and the inside of the manifold should of been shaven off...i know there is a crappily painted manifold sitting at the shop, was that the one pictured that you returned? ive been contemplating selling that at a used/defective product just to get rid of it...

Nope, I didn't return mine. I didn't have time. I activated with the Marines on May 18th for deployment. Absolutely had to have the car done by then. There were multiple things wrong... none of them that big of deal... but add them all together and they became very very frustrating.

I'm pretty happy with them though. I need a 2.2L Radiator hose though... I think the I/M is cutting off some of the circulation with the LSJ hose on there.

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a work in progress. I've got quite a few parts waiting on me at home for when I get home:

...and then parts that I still need to get over the next 4-5 months.

Some valve springs so I can rev to 8k.

Plus I'll be replacing my current turbo with this one:
Precision SCM4431R Dual Ball Bearing Turbo

Part Number: SCM4431R
Max Rated HP: 565
Inlet/Outlet Size: 3"/2"
Bearing System: Dual Ball Bearing
A/R Ratio: .48 or .63
Garrett Compressor Wheel Trim: 60
Garrett Turbine Wheel Trim: 76

Garrett Compressor Wheel Specs:
Wheel Trim: 60
Wheel Diameter: 58mm
Wheel Inducer: 2.290"
Wheel Exducer: 2.950"

Garrett Turbine Wheel Specs:
Wheel Trim: 76
Wheel Style: T31
Wheel Inducer: 2.559"
Wheel Exducer: 2.228"

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so your going to rev to 8k without balanced shafts and hardened oil gears?

Car comes stock with balance shafts. ;)

You don't really need NEUTRAL balance shafts unless you are staying over 7500rpm for extended periods of time. I've considered getting them... but I dunno on that one yet. There are quite a few parts that I didn't list on there because I'm not sure on them yet (ie 272 cams, Adjustable Cam Gears, etc). And, iirc, I won't be needing the hardened oil gears to be able to rev to 8k.

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since getting home, I've installed OTTP Rotated Transmission Mounts, took the side-exit off to run open downpipe, installed the Pedders Springs w/ 08+ FE5 Shocks & Struts, and got the N2MB WOT Box working properly. I've still got a few more parts to install and will have the car tuned at 20-22psi in the coming week or two.

My Bullseye Power S256 Extended Tip turbo should be showing up this week; along with a Tial Wastegate, DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap, and Powergrid Endlinks.

dsc03584.jpg

dsc03585.jpg

dsc03588.jpg

Dual Gauge Bezel
dsc03591.jpg

2.2L Radiator Hose (The stock LSJ Hose rests against the IM, and ends up heating the IM up. This should eliminate that.)
dsc03592.jpg

GMPP Adjustable Timing Gears
dsc03593.jpg

Steering Rack Spacers
dsc03594.jpg

OTTP Return Style Fueling System
dsc03596.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members