Will have 3-5 grand to play with this month for my 2003 ion 2.2

aheroawakend

Reaction score
I prob wanna go Supercharged since no tunning is out yet for a turbo kit for that model. I want to do a few other things besides the sc i wanna gonna do cams headers exhaust. I noticed theres a guy with a redline on here with vertical/lambo doors. Now i dont have the redline but i have been wanting to do the front doors that way then the backs suicide. Does any one know what doors he used what he needed to do cut/wielding on it?
I want this to be my project car for the spring summer and get some exp in doing things. ill prob buy another car this fall but im gonna keep both. I can put probably 2 grand a month into the car this month I just have a tax return bonus and 3 pays this month. So any one give me some ideas parts I should use? If you got them part numbers would be awesome.

Robinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if its the baby blue one its not a redline.

and even going sc'ed i think you need a tuning solution, either standalone or piggyback at the least.

aheroawakend

Reaction score
it was baby blue I surely thought it was a redline ion lol what is it? Yeah sadly Tri doesnt tune the 03-04 yet why who knows i know they do run a diffrent ecu in the 2.2 from the later models maybe thats why hp tuners doesnt even tune for it. i know the sc needs tuned but places can tune it for the sc so thats what im limited to right now.
But suggestions for the 3-5 grand I have to use right now Id like a lil bit of styling with the performance I wanted a body kit rims/tires and maybe some seats down the road. Most likely doing the tires and rims first the set i want total with tires is like 900. mind you 3-5 grand isnt all I have to play with ill have probably 2 grand next month to. So by the start of summer or just a bit after I wanna have most of it finished. Some stuff ill have a garage do like the tune but for the cams rods I got a friend who can do all that so no labor coast there.

So any suggestions lets say top 3 things I should do first?

Robinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like I said unless you are going standalone or piggyback you cant tune for sc or turbo on an 03.

If you havent already done so cruise over to IonForums.Net has upgraded to phpbb3 there is lots of information to read up on that is specific to our cars, the cobalt is 99% similar but the is a lil difference especially with the 03/04's

I assume you have the qc which is the same body as an rl but without the goodies. That is what the baby blue ion with lambo doors you saw is.

If that is the case there is a lip kit for sale on there relatively cheap that is real good looking.

If you do register with IONforums here is a hint so that you get along with people and dont get frustrated:

Read the sections that pertain to your goals thoroughly, that way you wont go in and just start posting random shit thats been covered 15 times before.

We are harsh with our responces sometimes, dont take it to heart and get all pissy, and you will get the info you want.

aheroawakend

Reaction score
I was told a piggyback on a tc isnt a good idea but on a sc a standalone would be fine is that true? I mean if i need to id swap out my engine with the 2.4

Robinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
engine swap aint that simple, you would have to rewire pretty much the whole car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie